A Beginner's Experience. Final Fantasy XIII

Go down

A Beginner's Experience. Final Fantasy XIII

Post  Tika_Keiga on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Time: 2:30 PM. Pacific.

Got home and finally relaxed. Boot up my 360. While waiting for load, I check out the poster that came with the preorder.

All in all, pretty nice, considering it looks printed off a printer from high school. The big logo for Gamestop at the bottom is outta place. I might just cut that part off later....

Also came with a mini guide to the first 20 minutes of game. Nice. Good artwork. I probably won't read it, but it's good for a collector.

Peel off the plastic wrap...God I hate this stuff. Might take me a minute.

Time: 2:37 PM. Pacific.

Stupid plastic. Well, it's in garbage now. Take that you stupid clear material!....

Anyway. Opening the box for the first time. And greeted by a registration card. God dam. Are they still worried about pirates? Whatever. Under that is the french manual. Like I care. Finally the real manual. So average, yet nice. Better then the french one atleast.

Look at the disks. Three disks, white with outlines of Lightening, Snow and Serah, on each disk respectively. Nice and simple. Looks great. Now sliding disk one in.

A loading screen and bam. "Press any button to continue." The hell? Ok, select storage device. Alright. Cinematic, with credits, looks really nice. Be back in a minute.

Time: 2:44 PM. Pacific.

Main Menu. Let's check out settings. Nothing much. Anyway, on to new game.

Time: 2:51 PM. Pacific.

Awesome opening cinematic. Beautiful...everything. Epic music, and finally a tutorial. This might take a bit.

Time: 2:55 PM. Pacific.

Five star rank for the battle. Okay then. Cutscene, argument between comrades. Great team. Then Sazh talking with a chocobo.

Camera tutorial, journal intro, and save point. Phew. Though I'd lose my data there. I see they thought ahead.

That's all for now.

Last edited by Tika_Keiga on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Re: A Beginner's Experience. Final Fantasy XIII

Post  Mjrn on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 pm

*whimpers as she looks at her still unopened copy of FFXIII. She can't open it until her essays are done* Sad

Mjrn
Queen of the Dragons
Queen of the Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Time: 2:57 PM. Pacific.

No walking tutorial. Thank god. Seems like they can trust us to move the analog stick as much or little as we want to move.

Couple of small fights, all extremely easy. It is the first map area after all.

Nothing much happens, but the scenery around the path is gorgeous. Green lights within the hollows of a black cave like area. Make me wonder how the hell people live here. I don't see any frickin homes, and I doubt it's a industrial area.

Roads, roads, flying objects trying to kill you, and more roads. It looks nice and all, but maybe I'm just over thinking this.

Time: 3:02 PM. Pacific.

Character switch, to Snow and not very important at the moment NPC like sidekicks.

Much of the same, another road. Though this time there are civilians, and a few dead ones.

Did I forget to mention all this is happening in the middle of a warzone? Silly me.

The Story so far:

While a train carrying people who are being forcefully transferred to pulse. On this train Sazh and Lightening were dressed as the other deportees. Seemingly waiting for an opening.

They don't seem to get along. Anyway, they seized the train, and rammed into the green city area (or whatever the hell it is, they didn't explain where it was. I only know that it is a part of Cocoon.).

The Army of the corporation known as Socom. (Square and their evil Financial Empires. >.>) Beings opening fire on the train. Large machines are summoned and tear the train apart. Seperating everyone onto different roads.

With Sazh and Lightening left to face the machine that wrecked the train.

Anyway...

Time: 3:08 PM. Pacific.

So Snow is recruiting the deportees into their resistance, as they fight along the road. His group calling themselves heroes in the most cliche way possible.

After gathering some more people willing to fight, more character switching.

Sazh and Lightening do some jumping and enemy fighting. Then take over a floating moving enemy bridge. Killing the operating soldiers, they use the bridge for their own means.

Back to Snow.

Leading the deportees against the soldiers, they seem to overpower the trained soldiers. Suddenly a huge airship appears and rips several non-important characters up like swiss cheese.

Snow dives heroically to try and grab a rocket launcher, and fails. The airship aiming at him. Suddenly airship explodes, and Snow turns to see the Mother who had been one of the people to offer assistance had saved everyone. Hurray.

Then suddenly the road explodes, and people begin falling into the abyss below.

Snow heriocally grabs the mother's hand and the ledge. But in the end she falls, and a kid in the background yells. (Hint: it was his mother.)

The ledge breaks and Snow falls.

Wow. Kinda a gloomy end. Let me check out what happened next.
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:34 pm

Time: 3:12 PM. Pacific.

Sazh and Lightening talk about morals as they bridge moves.

Apparently, Socom as deporting people in a mission called a purge. Yet apparently this was a forefront for a massacre in which all the deportees were planned to be killed off.

Brutal.

Suddenly a large glowing (green of coarse) object comes flying into the area. The Pulse Fal-cie apparently, or at least the vehicle that transports it. According to everyone so far, it is the object trying to destroy cocoon. Why is it on cocoon then? Hell if I know. L-Cie. People forced to serve the Fal-cie to fulfill a "focus". Seems they are victums as well. Turns out the deportees were in contact with a L-Cie and that's why everything went shitty.

Well after a long jump, I regain control. And look, another road.
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Time: 3:29 PM. Pacific.

Sazh and Lightening head towards Fal-Cie.

Blackness. Well Snow well into an abyss, so that can't be who I....oh there he is. Guess he didn't die. He and Friendly NPC#1 are okay, but surrounding them are a good dozen dead people.

After a little emoness, they move on down, guess what? your right, another road.

Oh. Flying vehicles. Too bad it's all cutscene and nothing else. They rejoin with Snow's other friends, who are all unharmed and not hurt in anyway.

So civilians die and heroes get the "get outta death" free card. Seems fair.

Oh look, it's the boy who's mother died. He's with a girl who had been by his side his his mother left. He keeps saying how he wants to yell at Snow for letting his mother die, yet he then says doing so won't bring her back. Seems kinda hypocritical.

Snow flys off, and a gain control of emo Youth#1. (His name is Hope. and I forgot her name.)

Walk five feet and see save point number 49. Or was it 13. Something like that. Walk seven feet, cutscene. Boy and girl steal the spare flying vehicle and chase ff after Snow.
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Well, that's it for he beginner's Guide to FFXIII

I played for another hour, and I don't want to spoil and of the good stuff for you. But it all looks beautiful. Subtle details, epic music. Map and map camera controls are a little iffy, but I got used to it.

At least the roads finally stopped being the main environment focus.

Anyway. I'll let you know more, when I have time to play it.

No spoilers, just how the game looks and plays.

So ;P
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down