Is there a remedy for this?

Go down

Is there a remedy for this?

Post  Lucxene on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:53 am

So today,I went through the whole day.Aside of the people I spoke to in vent...Any other person I came in a social contact with by any means.Ended in arguements...Of course they argue to me about myself no less...Which is pretty much bad enough to make one think "If everyone has a problem with you.Maybe it's you and not everyone else." Joyful and fun times I'm sure...So...

I guess the question is,is there a cure for nothing but arguement with any other living breathing human being?If there is,I love some insights on how to get it.Since it's bad enough,I spend myself more hidden in my own room then I am in the outside world.It's almost getting to the point that I'll only step outside if it's a need to go out then to just feel like taking a simple walk.

Luc.
Lucxene
Elder

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a remedy for this?

Post  M3k1no on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Lucxene wrote:

I guess the question is,is there a cure for nothing but arguement with any other living breathing human being?

Find out what the problem is that is causing the arguments. If you think the problem is yourself, you may need to try and understand what it is that others are disagreeing with about you.

If others are having a problem with you and it is only leading to arguments. You might have to consider changing something about yourself that others are finding problematic. If such a change is impossible the only alternative would be to try to reason with the other person(s) and explain, that is who you are and you cannot change your entire persona to please them.

M3k1no

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucxene on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:00 pm

That's nice and all...But...Who are you? o.O
Lucxene
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Celica on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:32 am

M3k1no wrote:
Lucxene wrote:

I guess the question is,is there a cure for nothing but arguement with any other living breathing human being?

Find out what the problem is that is causing the arguments. If you think the problem is yourself, you may need to try and understand what it is that others are disagreeing with about you.

If others are having a problem with you and it is only leading to arguments. You might have to consider changing something about yourself that others are finding problematic. If such a change is impossible the only alternative would be to try to reason with the other person(s) and explain, that is who you are and you cannot change your entire persona to please them.

Aside from the mystery of this unknown, very random person's reply...I"d have to admit that that is the really best answer anyone could give from even a therapist's perspective.

But honestly...it's that thing you might find others and yourself telling you again and again, and I'm sure you understand this too. You can't please everyone. Don't try to change who you are because of a few people. You make changes when you know it will be healthier for you, not because it will please others, but I understand because Aquarius people like me and you always try to please others no matter what and its difficult to always do that.

I just kind of think that arguments happen because there is a discrepancy of ideas between those involved and there's some kind of misunderstanding that they can't figure out.

Other than that I can only guess that you just might be having one of those days where things are just really crappy and everyone seems like they're out to piss you off....I just hope things turn out okay for you. *hugs*

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss
Celica
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucxene on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 am

Thanks Celica,I'll take your advice a bit more well.It does seem to match up well since we do think alike and can relate.Thanks,as far as the mystery person goes...Yeah...It sounds very therapist like on that level.Leave it at that.
Lucxene
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down