[ 0 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

New Forum Consideration.

Post  Tika_Keiga on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:02 pm

I have recently been trying to set up a new forum hopefully to become a new hub for CD.

There have been several reasons for this, which I won't get into right now. To say the least, CD is general stretching it's wings into new MMOs, and thus the forum should also change accordingly.

New things with the new forum:

-Includes a simple chat-box, for just the forum-goers to communicate without any hassles of installing programs.
-Includes a Multi Theme Settings. Such as, Forum A can have Theme B, While Forum C has Theme J. This forum can only have one Theme, which is what you already see. Basically we can set sub forum looks to fit the theme of the MMO that forum is dedicated to.

I know what your thinking. We have to re-register, and we risk losing existing topics from this forum.

To help with the move. I am willing to go through every topic on this forum, and transfer everything to the new forum in their respective sections. (Moving will happen if and when most of everyone can agree.)

I would like everyone's opinion on this. As well as suggestions on what I could add to new forum. I would also like you to note which stuff you want to make sure gets transferred.
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Re: New Forum Consideration.

Post  Celica on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:24 am

I agree, we need to do a little clean-up again, though I have kinda been off and on testing and trying to figure out that new forum, adding and organizing forums and considering giving elders and branches forum permissions.

But as Tika has already asked, we need to give our opinions before we start doing anything.

This forum has served us very well, and Binks has done a wonderful job of organizing it. However like Tika mentioned, we are moving on and playing other MMOs and right now this forum alone is technically only DoMO related aside from the miscellaneous general topics here and there.

Binks will always be our forum admin and mistress, so not much will really change except we are starting anew and moving only important topics and covering more than just DoMO.

Everyone please give your support/opinions. Very Happy

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss
Celica
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kooh on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:40 am

I think a new forum would be nice o.o. But if we do have a new forum uh..send the link to CD members in a message? So we wouldn't get random spy's or weird hobos in our new forum >>;;?
Kooh
Branch Head - Cookie Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Liah on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:21 am

Kooh wrote:I think a new forum would be nice o.o. But if we do have a new forum uh..send the link to CD members in a message? So we wouldn't get random spy's or weird hobos in our new forum >>;;?
Yeah I agree. Though I love our new forums I wouldn't mind a change either. My biggest concern has always been the people who used to be members constantly remaking accounts to more or less spy on our activity. If someone is that desperate (I wouldn't put it passed certain people) then they could probably find our new forums eventually. Either way, I still agree with Kooh and think the link to the forums should be passed through a PM.

I agree with Celica and Tika about the majority of the forum focusing on DoMO related topics and on how we should expand to a place where we can cover more ground than DoMO. I thank Binks for everything she's done here, this forum turned out better than I could ever imagine. I very much enjoyed my time spent here.
Liah
Smash
Smash

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Liah wrote:
Kooh wrote:I think a new forum would be nice o.o. But if we do have a new forum uh..send the link to CD members in a message? So we wouldn't get random spy's or weird hobos in our new forum >>;;?
Yeah I agree. Though I love our new forums I wouldn't mind a change either. My biggest concern has always been the people who used to be members constantly remaking accounts to more or less spy on our activity. If someone is that desperate (I wouldn't put it passed certain people) then they could probably find our new forums eventually. Either way, I still agree with Kooh and think the link to the forums should be passed through a PM.

I agree with Celica and Tika about the majority of the forum focusing on DoMO related topics and on how we should expand to a place where we can cover more ground than DoMO. I thank Binks for everything she's done here, this forum turned out better than I could ever imagine. I very much enjoyed my time spent here.

I do understand you concerns for spies. And the link to new forum will be passed around to those we trust. I never thought one about posting it publicly here.
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  xiaoming01 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 pm

am i consider a spy? i still like to visit this forum Crying or Very sad

xiaoming01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucxene on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:38 am

I don't mind as long as two things.x.x

First if moving the fanfic and stuff will be moved over to the other forum then that's great. Cause I wouldn't want mine or anyone elses writing to be shooed away. With that said of course we'd want a "Entertainment Section." Like fanfics,fanarts for like Celica's work or anyone elses.... But I'm sure Tika already thought ahead and probably has this planned out more than likily I think anyway.

The second is really the spy work I agree with. Like be nice if it had something sorta similar to Celica's Ning page.If it's still around or so. Where basically,you can only access the forum if approved to do so. Since,we really want to make sure we don't have any un-wanted trouble or drama if it can be prevented
Lucxene
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Binks on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Ugh, I have time now Tika, PM the link so I can get to work on the layouts and such. Hell and back again HO!

Songwriter

http://dragcave.net/user/BinksTriada

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down