Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Group: Group Therapy

+3
Kooh
Sandry
Sylpha
7 posters

Go down

Guild Group: Group Therapy Empty Guild Group: Group Therapy

Post  Sylpha Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:21 pm

ok so we all have those things we just want to whine or rant about. we all have a time when you cant seem to hold it in and just feel like tearing the head off the nearest person. or sometimes we have those times of depression when you feel like letting it all out but cant seem to find the right place to do it in or people to do it with. well this might be the very solution youre loking for.

i will set up bi monthly (more often if needed) get togethers where we can just spill our guts and let it all out. since youre not going to be feeling down 24/7 (at least i hope not), i will announce the times of these meetings and then we can have people sign up when the time gets closer. the sign up sheet will only be a reference as to how many people will be there so feel free to attend even if you didnt sign up ^^

also we can set up individual appointments if you either dont like letting it out in front of others or you feel like talking to someone when there isnt a meeting scheduled for a bit.

next session: May 24 8 pm EST
note: kazaa will be hosting this one as ive got things going on and it was his idea

creator and coordinator: Sylpha
Councilors: Sandry, Kooh, Liah, Jarod

Last edited by Sylpha on Sun May 24, 2009 4:41 pm; edited 7 times in total
Sylpha
Sylpha
Offical Chaotic Dragon's Pet and Cleaner of Toliets

Back to top Go down

Guild Group: Group Therapy Empty Re: Guild Group: Group Therapy

Post  Sandry Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:00 pm

I'd love to be a councilor o.o
Sandry
Sandry
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Kooh Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:09 pm

i wana be a councilor o.o *eats cookie*
Kooh
Kooh
Branch Head - Cookie Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Liah Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:01 am

Same here sign me up =D
Liah
Liah
Smash
Smash

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarod Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:46 pm

I'd love to be a counselor for this. Count me in.
Jarod
Jarod
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Sylpha Tue May 12, 2009 11:01 pm

ok, so i think its time for our first therapy session. i was thinking this coming sunday (the 17th). if youd like to attend this session, please post if sunday is good for you, and if it is, what time. if its not good for some, but is good for others, we can possibly have 2 sessions. so if your feeling down, or want to get something off your chest, id like you to attend. youll feel betetr, and well feel good that you feel better :3
Sylpha
Sylpha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandry Wed May 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Sunday is fine for me....anytime after 1pm EST please xD Otherwise I'll probably be asleep...XD I can wake earlier if needed though Razz
Sandry
Sandry
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjrn Thu May 14, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm not signing up as a therapist, but I do have a few helpful tips and rules that the therapists should consider and follow.
Now before you ask, I used to be a therapist in Modern Marvel, especially for Storm and in real life I'm still usually the one who ends up dealing with the crap when it hits the fan [I still do today], if you're interested in hearing about some of the stuff just ask, it makes some interesting stories.

My favourite rule of thumb when helping someone is that you truly cannot help someone until you are almost 100% okay with yourself, and then you can only truly help one other person. Listening can be done, but if you're ready to fight tooth and nail for someone sit back and analyze your current situation. Why? Becuase it leads to the biggest no, no that therapists do.

Never for the love of whatever you believe in, do not Project on your patient, this is bad, bad, B.A.D
Project[ion] term for pushing your own problems and issues on the patient.

Example: Sally is going to do day surgery, Tom her therapist begins to talk about his surgery/a family's members surgery/ some other incident concering him.

...I will personally walk up and backhand any therapist who does this.

You are her to listen, so shut up and do it. Talking about your problems [and not the "oh yeah I've been through that, I understand" saying] to someone who is trying to open up is not only disrespectful, but it makes your patient feel uncomfortable. Sad thing is most people don't know how to shut up and listen.

One thing I usually find is if the person says their a bad listener [or not a great one], they usually are. Modesty goes a long way and I found most people who brag about being a good listener....aren't. I've got plenty of examples, if you're interested as an individual, just ask me.

I really do hope this group works, it has amazing potential to help the guild become closer and have stronger bonds. I doubt that any of the therapists are going to gossip about your problems, each one of them is a good person.

If you have any questions just ask me, I'm definanitly not a professional, and I'm just a bitter old woman but I'll try to help.

Last edited by Mjrn on Thu May 14, 2009 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mjrn
Mjrn
Queen of the Dragons
Queen of the Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Sylpha Thu May 14, 2009 2:59 pm

Thanks mjrn, i definitely think you have a point there. please listen to her. i know, mostly from a recieving perspective of counseling.

also updated original post
Sylpha
Sylpha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sylpha Wed May 20, 2009 9:06 pm

sorry im late for posting this but the first session went great. aside from starting late cus of a few misunderstadings, all went swimmingly. ^^ the next session will most likely be in a monthish cus i think it would be best to put it after school lets out, but ive got a few things going on right after school lets out. you could have it without me of course, but if we can wait id like to. ill announce the time for the next session when i figure it out for myself. thanks for all who came and shared and hope it relieved some stress, even if it was just a little. ^^
Sylpha
Sylpha

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazaa Sat May 23, 2009 10:50 pm

I'm going to be hosting an 'emergency' therapy session tomorrow, Sunday, May 24, at 8 pm EST. I know we all have had a stress full weekend and probably have a lot to rant about, so here is you chance to do that.
Kazaa
Kazaa
Branch Head - Demon Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazaa Sun May 24, 2009 10:58 pm

I would like to say the emergency meeting was a great success. I thank you all for coming on such a short notice.
Kazaa
Kazaa
Branch Head - Demon Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down