Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep Thoughts (serious Topic)

4 posters

Go down

Deep Thoughts (serious Topic) Empty Deep Thoughts (serious Topic)

Post  Tika_Keiga Sat May 16, 2009 7:29 pm

This is a brief thread of things you think matter, things to ponder about, or things you just want to get out.

I ask you please do not post in here if your going to post something stupid. And please don't post responses that offend. This is merely just people's thoughts on something, so don't be rude just because they think differently then you.

(If anyone does I'll be knocking on your door, with a scythe in hand. Twisted Evil )

Anyway, I'll start...

Heroes.

What is a hero?: I believe a hero is someone you can trust. Someone you can look up to. Someone who sacrifices for a greater good. A hero is someone you can rely on, and depend on. Someone who never betrays you, even if it hurts them.

Flaws of a hero: Heroes are seen as perfect. But truth is they are like you. They can feel pain, loneliness, and loss. True heroes will always think of others before themselves, often ending to their own downfall. Their conviction is straight and true. Yet they will willingly give their happiness to someone else, just because they can.

Heroes in conclusion: I believe a hero can never live in a peace they deserve. They can't ignore someone in pain, they can't just sit by and let something bad happen. Heroes are destined to lose everything for something they want to protect. Heroes will get betrayed by people they trust. Heroes will end up alone in darkness, and yet... they won't regret anything. They know they tried to make a change, they know they succeeded in places.

My definition: Hero: Someone who helps anyone in need, and loses everything in the end.

-Signed, Tika Keiga.... Wannabe Hero.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Deep Thoughts (serious Topic) Empty Re: Deep Thoughts (serious Topic)

Post  Mjrn Sat May 16, 2009 8:25 pm

I agree, there are few heros left in the world becuase of this fact. Hence why Shakespeare's "tragic hero" term has come about, you defined a true hero perfectly.

But I also think there are other types of heroes, they may not be the true hero but they deserve a semi hero status. Of course everday heroes like doctors, firefighters, police, activists should be regarded, becuase a good protion of them fight for the greater good. Even a terrorist is condisdered a hero in their own homeland, because they sacrifice for the greater good.

When I was in highschool, I worked on a large story-based project with a group of my friend called L'ombre de Dragon [Shadow of the Dragon], we ended up each making a personal character that had one very strong point and one very large flaw, maybe one day I'll post some of my closer friends characters it was quite an interesting process.

I'll probably write on it later, but after we discuess what a hero is, we should all look into the definition of what the Greater Good is.
Mjrn
Mjrn
Queen of the Dragons
Queen of the Dragons

Back to top Go down

Deep Thoughts (serious Topic) Empty Friend

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue May 19, 2009 4:03 am

Friends.

What is a Friend?: Friends. A term used to discribe a close relationship to someone. Not to be confused with an aquiantance. Friend is someone you can trust with your secrets. Share information with. To go out and have fun with, knowing they got your back.

Flaws of a Friend: Friends are a hard thing to come by. True friends are even harder. One must look out for friends who wear masks. If they never share secrets, or trust you, it means they most likely are taking advantage. Like you they feel loss and pain, and can change very quickly. They can betray you easily, and never even regret it.

Friends in conclusion: True friends come along very few times in a lifetime. Some people never find one, while others find many. True friends can help you in a pinch, support you when you fall. True friends will be by your side through the good and bad. But it's not a one-sided relationship. If you have a true friend, you must do the same for them, be by their side, through good and bad. Be their crutch when they are down.

Extra Note: Any friend relationship is two sided. Both you and the other person, must be able to do the same things for each other. Or it's not a friendship.

My definition: Friend: Someone you can trust, and rely on, and be able to do the same for them.

-Signed, Tika Keiga.... Wants a friend
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Reality.

What is reality? The most common term for it is something you can taste, feel, smell, see, and hear. Other people can feel all things as you can. But this doesn't cover everything we sense. Emotions, thoughts, dreams are among intangible feelings are senses we can't share with others. We can express them, but can't let them feel what we feel.

But where's the line of reality and fantasy. It it what we can touch and see, or what we can dream and hope. Every person perceives reality differently. Optimists, realists, pessimists, dreamers, etc, all see different views of the world.

Some close themselves off, others search for things. Whether they travel without plans, or live life in a desk job. Farmers, writers, gamers, businessmen. Each one living in a different world, and yet in the same one.

Some live for money, others for trills, some just live because they're already alive, while others search for ways to die.

So where do the boundaries lie?

Where do dreams become reality, and reality becomes dreams?

While others like to see something is green, others like saying it's blue. When a person plays a game and delves within that story, escaping this world. Even if it's briefly. Others, such as writers, make a living on creating different ways to view reality. Stories of heroes, demons, and magic, spanning infinite time.

Whose to say this isn't a dream we live in? Who has the right to tell me my dreams are fake?

So just what is reality. Well. It's up to you.

Deep Thoughts (serious Topic) Reality

-Signed, Tika Keiga.... Infinite Dreamer

Last edited by Tika_Keiga on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sephiroth365 Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:06 am

Most people think that these are the most important things in your life... Hero's... Friends... and Reality. Hero's could be... your neighbor down the road or maybe it it could be someone who has saved your life before... Maybe even your teacher or your parents... but what happens when your hero leaves? or maybe turns out to be your Villan... Than things start to get confuseing.... and soon you may just think your hero could be your closest friend... Wrong. you are Alone. A Friend could be just the person down the hall.. or perhaps someone whom you talk to during lunch... But would your trust this person with your life? or even if you needed their help. But then you might start thinking about your True friend. Wron again. No matter what kind of friend they are they will betray you. Think about it... Do you really even tell your True friend everything in your life? If you don't then obviously not going to trust them. With that said... They may even Betray you in your time of need. When your in pain.. When your in Sorrow... or just need a shoulder to cry on... They will turn your their back on you. Which brings me to reality... Soon it may just becomes to harsh to handle and thats when we turn to the last thing we have in the world... Our Dreams... the one place, Where you emphasize things from the future... the past... or even current events. In your Dreams you control the one thing that no one in the world can touch... The place where everything causeing you stress just simply... disappears. People enter their own world in different ways. Perhaps writeing it down on a book, when they go to sleep, maybe just out of nowhere they can enter it. Either way When it comes down to it.. The only you can depend on in your Future... is your Dreams....
Sephiroth365
Sephiroth365
Captain Fruity
Captain Fruity

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasukira Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:35 pm

Reality:

Reality is what you can feel, smell, see, taste, and hear. Dreams are imaginations and plans for the future. Fantasy is everything you can imagine that isn't real. When people say they are "living their dreams" then that means that they have living how they have planned to live and are happy with it. If someone was to say, they are "living in a fantasy" then it means, they are living in a way they never thought that they could.

Reality can be harsh at times and it can also be wonderful. Nothing will ever be perfect unless you make yourself believe that it is. If reality becomes to harsh for you, the only way to pull yourself out of the situation is to fix what is causing your problems. Naturally that is easier said than done, but it is the only way to make life better. To retreat to your dreams and fantasies when things get hard, will only temporarily make you feel as if nothing is wrong, but nothing will truely change.

Friends:

A true friend is loyal to you and will always be there for you whenever they can, since they have their own lives to live also. That's not to say that you shouldn't ask a friend to help you whenever you need it, but to not expect them to always help since there will be times when they are completely unable to.

Friendship is dual-sided though. If you want someone you can always depend on to be there for you, then you must show the same courtesy to be just as loyal and willing to help them whenever you can.

If you always expect friends to betray you or lie to you, then you have your own trust issues to work out.
Karasukira
Karasukira

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Believing.

What is Belief?: Belief. It's something all of us know. It's commonly known as something you see in which you believe will happen or will always exist. But other things such a religion, belief is a state of being in which you believe something unseeable exists. Believing is a connection which can never be seen between a person and that which they believe in.

Flaws of Belief: Belief has flaws, for it's mainly based on assumptions. Assuming something can be dangerous because it's something for which you'll never have proof. It a fragile connection that could fall apart at any moment.

Beliefs in conclusion: Beliefs can give hope to those that lost somethings. They can provide a reason for a person to continue on the path of life. Believing in something means you trust it, with the ever depths of your heart. It is something intangible. You cannot see it and there's no proof that you ever will.

My definition: Belief: A state of being in which a person uses all their heart to trust someone or soemthing.

-Signed, Tika Keiga.... A person who finds it hard to believe in anything.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down