Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to a team Doctor

4 posters

Go down

Guide to a team Doctor Empty Guide to a team Doctor

Post  Sandry Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:04 am

Alright well..doctor. Not for the lazy, nor for the flightly attention.

Stat builds~

Two wisdom, one agility. One of the most popular doctor builds. It works well, good mp, reasonable cooldowns.
Two agility One wisdom. Quick casts, a bit short on mana. Also a popular build, Warning though, do not use unless you plan to be a frog doctor. Weaker heals.
Pure wisdom. Large amount of mana, slightly slower casts. Strongest heals.
Pure Agility. Razor quick casts, weak heals. Not recommended unless a frog doctor.

Skill builds~

Medical
Health Heist: No need in team, save the points.
First Aid: Your main heal. Always keep this maxed.
Regeneration: Useful, especially in higher levels. Not a priority to have maxed in low levels, but very very useful. Recommended max.
Detox: You'll have no need of this, till about level 40 or so. In foggy, get level one, maybe two. Recommended level two, at later levels, is in 40+. (Optional though)
Born Again: Rez, as many call it. level one is absolutely needed, but I recommend leveling it more than that.(Optional past level 1)

Page two

Heavy Health Heist: Yet again, no need.
Greater Healing: AoE heal. Highly useful. Recommend max.
Inner Magic: One of the best mana regens in the game. Strongly recommend max.
Purify: PvP skill, skip this.
Ultimate healing: Useful in a pinch, very strong AoE heal, but huge mp cost and long cooldown. Recommend level one.

Frog skills:

Frogs Legs Soup: Quick, strong heal, longer cool down than First Aid. Only recommended for a frog doc. otherwise skip.
Frog Force: No need, skip.
Frog ForceField: Defense buff. Always keep this maxed.
Prolong life: Gives more health, so essentially makes live longer. Max.
Soup of Self Preservation: Skip this, it's a PvP move.

Page two:

Fantastic Frog Legs Soup: AoE heal. Costs frogs, but is a quick strong heal. Longer cooldown than Greater Healing. Only recommended it a frog doctor.
Yin Frog: Skip this, mostly PvP move, unless you can afford it, that's a big if cause docs are always short on points, a few levels is nice to have to help power up mages, but really, unnecessary.
Yang Frog: Another defense buff, but for magical defense. Only really needed in Dragons Den. Recommend leveling after about 45+.
Mega Magic Boost: Same as prolong life, but with mana instead of health. Not neccisary, but nice if you have the points. Recommended level 4 after gaining level 60+ in doctor, to acquire Prolong Life level 11.
Mega Medicine: PvP move, skip.

The difference between a frog doctor and a medical doctor?
A team build frog doc has more agility in their build, and will have frogs legs soup, and fantastic frogs legs soup. A medical doctor has more wisdom, and does not have the frog heals. Frog doctor costs more, and has a smaller mana pool.
Medical doctor has a larger mp pool, cheaper, but slower heals.
What am I myself?
I am a medical doctor. xD

Last edited by Sandry on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sandry
Sandry
Banned

Back to top Go down

Guide to a team Doctor Empty Re: Guide to a team Doctor

Post  Karasukira Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:54 pm

eehhhh.....not really true about the agi doc being only frog doc.

i lvl'd my doc as a party agi doc through foggy and dden....i used FA/GH instead of frogs...the difference in HPS (healing per second) is so small its almost unnoticable. the only thing you have to even worry about is MP regen which a muse should more than take care of if you can keep up inner

frog docs are more specifically solo/duo docs.....most of the time a frog doc is usually for subbing on other classes to have full buff with heals, not to mention teh awesome soup of preservation for magic users when soloing or pvp...dancer buffs are proven better but if you dont have dancer this is the next best thing.

as for born again....sylpha explained in aiko's guide, that the small amount of exp returned is easily regained, and the points should be put to better use...if for any reason to lvl this past 1 should be for ultimate healing

detox is hardly needed for foggy, and regen is really only good for regen 11, though some actually like to have a lvl 10 on them Razz

ARRGGHH -rips hair out- Yin is so not a pvp skill, it is however a very, very.....very wanted magic attack buff that will help the magic attackers in a aoe party kill a lot faster...many will agree that frog force is useless, since phys attacks have their own and much better phys attack buffs, and the only reason to get it to lvl 5 is for Yin Frog.
Karasukira
Karasukira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandry Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:29 am

>>....I consider anything that is not defense oriented in a doctor unnecessary in the build, mostly because I lack the points to acquire it. And I also believe anything in a doctor that increases attack instead of defenses, is PvP. Though, honestly I was just sharing how my doc is built so well...don't like don't use is all I gotta say~<3 Plus...I disagree on the rez thing. If someone dies, its most likely either the docs or the tanks fault, so well..the least you can do is try to give them as much of their exp back as possible, especially in higher levels where 10% loss makes about another hour of grinding.
Sandry
Sandry
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  rafaelito Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:40 am

Well, I like having Born Again as well cause whenever I see people dead, it gives me a sense of helpfulness (if that's even a word o.o) to know that they're getting part of their exp back. Not everyone has tears nor rez plates, so... as for me, I think Born Again is good to have. XD
rafaelito
rafaelito

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasukira Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:49 am

x.x ick...10% taking anywhere near an hour, you should find a new grinding spot...10% should take less than 15 mins even in a decent party

about the rez thing....wouldnt it be more beneficial for the team to kill faster and gain exp faster than waste to many points on a skill that involves only one member?

Razz never said not to have born again....but only to have it at lvl 1...maybe 2
Karasukira
Karasukira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandry Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:08 am

Well, in babel for us poor people, exp is slow so a rez matters, and I can't afford rez plates or ptears. In my opinion, if a mage wants the buff, they could also bring it themselves. I would prefer to get the exp I worked for back than to kill just a few seconds faster
Sandry
Sandry
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasukira Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:33 am

Sandry wrote:Well, in babel for us poor people, exp is slow so a rez matters
lol being poor or rich doesnt effect your killing speed really...i know a few people that have some of the best equips DG that kill slower than a snail, while others that hardly have any money can down a grizz bear in under 30s.

and being the supporter, the doc should also want the attacker to kill faster for their exp...faster kills even if it is by a few seconds, means less time damage taken, so less heals having to be casted.
Karasukira
Karasukira

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:49 am

Okay. As I understand it. When a person is Level 50 or up. EXP becomes slow. NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO. Thusly, 10% can take a long time to gain back. Even If your killing fast or slow.

I personally believe that if people die, then they aren't prepared for what their in the team doing. That said, 10% in the higher levels is a lot to lose. Around Level 57 it takes around 30 min to get 10%. So If they manage to die, I believe no one wants to spend and extra 30 min just to get to the point where they died.

So if you lose 10% on death, and gain back, let's say 7%, your cutting about 20 min off grinding.

Now imagine what it's going to be like when they raise level cap to say 80. It could take around possibly 3 hours to gain back 10%.

All I believe Sandry is saying, is that IF someone dies (whether it's from their own stupidity or bad doccing, or possibly a boss spawn) they don't want to grind again for that long just to get back to where they were. So every percent gained back from rez, I believe counts.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Karasukira Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:03 am

>.> do you even have something that high Tika?

I level'd my hunter 62-63 in about 2 hours....thats roughly 11-13 minutes for every 10%

if you know what your doing, it should take no more than 3 hours per level after 55, even with basic equipment

even if the cap is raised to 80, the monster levels will be around that or higher, so the exp will still be relatively constant as it was before, so the amount of time spent leveling wont change much
Karasukira
Karasukira

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandry Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:15 am

Think of it this way. You have very high level BM subs, and a high level hunter. Therefore, more attack power. You have high level subs to help you level. Many people whom are starting off in babel, including myself, have only one job high enough to sub. Thus we have a slower killing rate than you do, and a single buff will not be much help.
Sandry
Sandry
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down