Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onyx Raid Sign Up

3 posters

Go down

Onyx Raid Sign Up Empty Onyx Raid Sign Up

Post  Celica Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:46 pm

So, I had been skulking the domo Forums this morning and I came across this

Onyx Raid Sign up sheet

Someone had recently posted this because obviously they have noticed the trouble in getting raids lately.

I'm just putting this out there for info, if you can raid you don't have to sign up on that list unless you leave this guild, but for those of you who have Raid experience I'd like to know what you think about this concept.
Celica
Celica
Elder

Back to top Go down

Onyx Raid Sign Up Empty Re: Onyx Raid Sign Up

Post  Jarod Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:59 pm

I like the fact that someone is doing something about it, but this cannot be enforced. If there were two or three groups of two or three people who needed naught but their small group to raid, then they would have the option of raiding whenever they feel like it. It would take far less time for them to organize than it would for the rest of the community, so they could hit the raids more often, and deny others the pleasure.

I would like to see more done about this problem, but it's something that cannot be enforced. Players cannot be policed like that, it would fall to the grace of the ones who are causing the problem to fix the problem.

The only way the problem could be solved for good would be changing the nature of the raid; either making it guild-exclusive, or adding a personal timer for each player, or something of that sort.

I do fully support this idea, however, because I too am frustrated with having the raids, which should be available to everyone, taken by a few people simply because they can. Granted, I know there's nothing in the rules against that, but someone should have known that it would be possible, and that it would happen. Now the players need to compensate for the poor insight of the developers.
Jarod
Jarod
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjrn Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:06 pm

I think it's a good idea to an extent. For smaller guilds like 'The' that might only have two or three memebers who are raiding level this is perfect.

BUT

This system can be easily abused. All you need it one asshat to get MVP, or someone who's having a bad day to take all the loot for themselves or exclude you. And it's not like a guild system where you have and ties, friendship or kinship with the person, you can just blantly screw them over. MVP is not controlled by who plans the raid, but by who does the most damage.

It's a good idea, but can end very badly.
Mjrn
Mjrn
Queen of the Dragons
Queen of the Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down