Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aika Online

+4
Celica
Kaoruniwa
Mjrn
Kazaa
8 posters

Go down

Aika Online Empty Aika Online

Post  Kazaa Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Zymes showed me, Kooh, Kao, and Ita this new game, Aika online. Its just ending the first closed beta testing and will being doing a second before open beta.

It's a PvP game with 5 different nations are war, you choose to join one of these nations and fight the others for relics that boost various stats, like +10% exp or +10 phys attack.

Not only does it have good PvP content there are many PvE quests you can do and even a server you can switch to when you just feel like questing for a bit. The story with the quests is actually really good

There are a total of 6 classes though they are gender based.

Warrior is male and is a good melee fighter and a fair tank. kinda like BM but more defense

Warlock is male and good magic damage, much like DOMOs wizard

Rifleman is male and is a ranged fighter, has lots of Debuffs and does some great damage.

Paladin is female and the tanks of the game, have some healing abilites

Clerics are female and have are the healers.

Dual gunner is female and is kinda like an assassin from what i can tell.

you also get a creature called a pran that boosts your abilites. There is Fire(damage boosts) water(defensive) and air(evasion)

video of PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mgrMitkGbw

Screenshots:
Aika Online Th_Capture0004
all of us sitting, from left to right-Kao(paladin), Kooh(dual gunner), Kazaa(rifleman), Zymes(cleric)

Aika Online Th_Capture0005
us trying to dance, i got no skills D:

Aika Online Th_Capture0010
us sitting
Kazaa
Kazaa
Branch Head - Demon Dragons

Back to top Go down

Aika Online Empty Re: Aika Online

Post  Mjrn Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Looks like a pretty cool game, though I harbour a passionate hate for PvP game because you get moody and whiney a-holes.
Mjrn
Mjrn
Queen of the Dragons
Queen of the Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazaa Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:09 am

Mjrn wrote:Looks like a pretty cool game, though I harbour a passionate hate for PvP game because you get moody and whiney a-holes.

I know what you mean. Right as this session of CB ended everyone in shout was complaining about our nation's leader because we were raided by the 2 strongest nations and nearly lost both our relics, even though he was afk when the assault happened.
The nice thing about the 5 nation system though is it does discourage whineyness, since if a nation cant work together it cant protect itself.
Kazaa
Kazaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaoruniwa Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:41 pm

lol i only got to play for like 2-3 days D: but it was like awesome-sauce O 3O
The paladin ish like uber awesome in my opinion xD Even though she has the lowest attack power, she has the best def and kewl def buffs o 3o. She's like a BM and Tank mixed together xD. Sacrificing def for attack speed and power and having a skill to cancel out all damage= epic win o 3ob
When we tried the dungeon we were doing like super awesome, but we ran out'a time lol xD the only problem with it was the gender base classes D: And the Prans are SO CUTE XD ish like having a lil buddy follow you around o3o~
Kaoruniwa
Kaoruniwa

https://www.youtube.com/user/DaisukeMatsuzakakun

Back to top Go down

Post  Celica Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:01 pm

Looks interesting, the characters are cute, though the gender-locked classes are a bit off putting...just like it was with Soul of the Ultimate Nation. It was still a good game, though.

I don't like the idea of Nation PvP either...lol.
Celica
Celica
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Binks Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:20 am

You had me, until Mandatory PVP ><
Binks
Binks
Songwriter
Songwriter

http://dragcave.net/user/BinksTriada

Back to top Go down

Post  Zymes Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:47 am

One word to describe this game: Awesomeness!!! Razz

This game, like Kaz mentioned above, has a really interesting quest plot. Even the side-quests are connected to the main-plot of the whole story. The quest system is also great that it mostly eliminates the grinding-for-exp-only part. Well if you do all the quests including the dungeon(instance) quests, you're sure to level up. You won't even have to worry about exp, just go with the story! Cool

Now the pran system. I think all of us, (me, kaz, ita, kao, kooh) miss our amazing partner, the pran (They're like little tinkerbells). They have they're own active/passive skills that will help you on your battles. The prans also talk to you! o_o! they ask you a random question and their personality depends on your answers. (My pran knows who Lady Gaga is... woohoo ~_~) They also make the quest story a whole lot fun by adding humor while interacting with NPC's.

Binks wrote:You had me, until Mandatory PVP ><

Well it's not a mandatory PVP. True that this game is pvp-based, but Aika is also for people who doesn't like pvp or don't want to be bothered while questing. They have a separate channel only for PVE that you can log on to whenever you want to stay away from the war.

Celica wrote:Looks interesting, the characters are cute, though the gender-locked classes are a bit off putting...just like it was with Soul of the Ultimate Nation. It was still a good game, though.

Yeah...It's a little sad that they made the classes gender-locked. But having it this way has useful advantages:
1: It reduces the lag during a massive pvp war. and trust me, I've been to their war with 100s of players and I was still okay with the lag. Well it was a lot lesser than I expected.
2: It also reduces the game size by a lot, thus making it easy to Download. Comparing Cloud 9 eating 7.07GB space to Aika for only 1.08 GB

All in all, I like Aika. Me and the others are waiting for CBT2, which I'm sure will have the mount system by then.
Zymes
Zymes
Thunder Dragon's Elder
Thunder Dragon's Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazaa Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:59 pm

ive anyone is interested the CB2 starts on February 24th. You need to get a beta key if you didn't play in the first CB and this post on the aika site has links to various place that are giving these. http://aika-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3155

those of that do play are in the nation for Vanov for CB so make sure you choose Vanov if you want to play with us XD
Kazaa
Kazaa

Back to top Go down

Aika Online Empty Aika Global

Post  Slog Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 am

ok just to back up Kazaa on this i am about to try this one out from Aika Global its alrdy OBT so yeah here is link

http://aika.t3fun.com/Home/Home.aspx

Slog

Back to top Go down

Post  Slog Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:16 am

nevermind For some dumb reason it says global but says not available in my area...So why the helll have global in the title

Slog

Back to top Go down

Post  Liah Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:20 am

Slog wrote:nevermind For some dumb reason it says global but says not available in my area...So why the helll have global in the title
Remember Slog, you live in Slogonia which I believe is located in Space tongue
Liah
Liah
Smash
Smash

Back to top Go down

Post  Zymes Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Global Aika Blocked all other regions with their own Aika Server.

Our Aika server here in North America is published by Gpotato company. So no Global for us xD
Zymes
Zymes
Thunder Dragon's Elder
Thunder Dragon's Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down