Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important Announcement on Guild Meetings

5 posters

Go down

Important Announcement on Guild Meetings Empty Important Announcement on Guild Meetings

Post  Lucxene Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:49 am

Now, I thought about this for some time now... Although we do have a nice group of people and all. which is great and all, but I came to this conclusion.

For all Chaotic Dragon Members, I notice our guild meetings for the most part is in DOMO, Guild Cottage...>_> Around that huge Knights of the Round Table yayness. But now since we are branching out we need to think of a NEW way to have guild meetings, because this will be very needed and a important topic needed for when we need to talk to each other about anything.

Hence,MMO information, people and members and what's going on with them, positions and rankings, anything should be done about the forums this one or if Tika's forum is up and about. The point is we need a new method now I'm not so creative with the internet world. Like I tell many people, I am not a computer genuis in fact I know very little....So my idea is can we have some suggestions or thoughts for new locations for guild meetings. I prefer either some kind of Chat where EVERYONE can go or maybe a voice vent but I'm rooting more for a Chat of some kind that we all have access too. Perhaps we can make a guild meeting chat room on a site? Let's have some ideas and please members with ANY idea do post here. Let's make this guild grow in all sorts of ways.

^_^ Thank you.

Last edited by Lucxene on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Lucxene
Lucxene
Elder

Back to top Go down

Important Announcement on Guild Meetings Empty Re: Important Announcement on Guild Meetings

Post  Liah Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:15 am

I see your point Lucx and I do agree with you. At this point our safest suggestion would be a MSN group chat window since the majority of us have MSN messenger. Though if we want to try something new, aside from Skype I use another video/voice chat that you guys might be interested in. Its called tinychat.

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of it but basically its a chat room that anyone can create and it links the webcams together of all those in the room. Of course the more people involved, the smaller the webcam window but its also a fun way to communicate and see whoever you're talking to.

Unlike Skype, there's no download necessary. All you have to do is create a free account.

If you want to see how it looks, you can check it out at http://tinychat.com/

Aside from that, I would suggest group texting like last night *looks at Celi, Lucx and Zi* but we all can imagine the chaos from that <<

Last edited by Liah on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Liah
Liah
Smash
Smash

Back to top Go down

Important Announcement on Guild Meetings Empty Re: Important Announcement on Guild Meetings

Post  Celica Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:16 am

Well while we are trying to figure out our vent situation, I agree we may need some kind of back-up chat thing for guild meetings or whatever.

Lol about the text thing...I would be up for that but now my inbox has been filling up and I have to erase messages one by one because I like to save some of the text convos I've had...about 80% of my text inbox is from Liah and Zi combined.... <<;;; *cough*

I don't want to have to erase all the messages in my inbox at once even if I have the option.

Anyway, I do like that TinyChat suggestion, Liah o.o looks interesting, I actually have a new webcam I haven't really been using.... XDDD

I also thought about mIRC, however you have to download the client but we could make our own chat server. Then again we wouldn't have that webcam option like with Tinychat but depends if people even want to use the feature or not.

And I know Lucx you said you have trouble using Skype now or something like that? I don't even really use that either and I had to kinda uninstall it as well. The only reason I got it before was to be able to see and contact my grandma in the Philippines so my mom and I will rarely use Skype unless its necessary.

I also henceforth have personal issues using any kind of IM messenger. So if you've noticed I will very rarely get on MSN, and besides Yahoo messenger (which I only log onto for one person....lol....) those are the only IM clients I have installed.

I don't even really use my Facebook that often now! LOL! I broke from the habit! XDDD

Anyway yeah...um...we can have a vote or whatever to figure out what we can use and then we can have a meeting to discuss everything.
Celica
Celica
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucxene Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Hm,I'll go with Liah on this...I think the best thing for guild meeting is to have them in a MSN chat....But it's not the best method but I think we can all do that for now. Until we find a better place to have a meeting where we can all go. I suggest a certain chat of some kind where we can not only meet to talk together but have discussion and everyone can easily get to it with no problem.
Lucxene
Lucxene
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:22 pm

The thing is about this issue. That unlike with the meetings we had in domo. The meetings you're talking about aren't the same.

Let me explain.

90% of the domo meetings were about domo. How to run stuff, when raid's are. etc.

As such. Any guild meetings that take place out of a game, would be about the guild and it's member, the forums, or other non-game stuff.

If there is to be a guild meeting about one mmo. Then it should take place like usual in the MMO is has to deal with.

For example. If the Forsaken Worlds players call a guild meeting, how Lucx is suggesting. Then I, a Mabinogi player, would show up, and upon arrival it would be all about FW and no point in My being there.

As such. There is only one logical option. To have guild meetings held like mentioned above, which have to do with members/forums/etc. And also having these said meetings in the MMO, or only telling the people involved with the mentioned MMO to come to the meeting.

*EDIT*

Different MMOs advance at different paces. It's not hard to see that issues that come up in one, won't come up in another. As such, it would be up to Guild Leaders of the MMO respectively, to take charge of this kind of thing.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucxene Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:26 pm

No I want a permanent place for guild meeting to address ALL topics not just in game stuff...Although many of use will probably go to Forsaken World. The point is some will not...Which is why I suggested this in the first place to have a guild meeting in some kind of chat out of a MMO.

Ths discussion can be about anything at all. People, MMOs, guild matters within any MMO or just emergency discussion with forums and people and such. I think that way it will be fair to all members in CD regardless of what MMO they are currently playing or not.
Lucxene
Lucxene
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Then you do not understand what I'm saying. I'm just stating that, if a Guild meeting is going to take place. And if everything to be discussed in said meeting will only be about FW and it's raids, etc. Then people who do not play FW should not be bugged about coming to it. Then don't need to be there, it has nothing to do with them.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucxene Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:36 pm

I suppose,but I made this thread to cover all CD meetings,not to cover what MMO most CD are playing.*Shrugs.*Also meetings were usually just if you can be there be there. If you can't then don't. Though,I'd like a chat where all people on the forums can access to and probably hold a meeting of any type MMO related or not. It's just a good way to also keep in touch with friends and get a idea what's happening in their life and all. Since although we do have forums to chat with friends and outside chatting. Not everyone is usually on and all.

Though if by chance example there is some kind of meeting and just going to discuss let say FW topics. Then don't go if you are not interested,if so then go. Probably can make a small thread on the major dicussion during meetings and date and what the topics will be. So people know if they want to even attend or not.
Lucxene
Lucxene
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Celica Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Well then whoever conducting the meeting (whether it be me or Liah if one of us will not be around at the time if we both cannot make it at the same time), can state and make a note "This meeting will mostly concern FW, etc..."

However, we may cover other general topics during the meeting that may not be related to the MMO we will talk about specifically. But with that said, we can try to keep any chat related to a specific MMO near the end of the meeting after all general stuff has been covered, so that people who are not playing that game can leave if they are not interested to stay and listen.
Celica
Celica
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Celica wrote:Well then whoever conducting the meeting (whether it be me or Liah if one of us will not be around at the time if we both cannot make it at the same time), can state and make a note "This meeting will mostly concern FW, etc..."

However, we may cover other general topics during the meeting that may not be related to the MMO we will talk about specifically. But with that said, we can try to keep any chat related to a specific MMO near the end of the meeting after all general stuff has been covered, so that people who are not playing that game can leave if they are not interested to stay and listen.

This seems to pretty much cover my point.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Liah Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:12 am

Personally, I feel that just because we cover a meeting in a place like lets say FW doesn't necessarily mean that everything we talk about there will be strictly about the game. Yeah, I agree that when it came to DoMO probably 90% of the issues covered did include the game but that was because at the time everyone (until Tika quit) we were associated with, were playing the same game. Times are different, things have changed. Therefore, it guarantees that not every issue that will be covered in a meeting will be strictly about FW.

T, if you prefer not to be bothered -if- we call a meeting that will have topics soley surrounding FW (or whichever game we're playing that you aren't) then we won't. Though what Lucx was originally trying to point out was that he was looking for a place where we can all be included for people who may not have access to the same MMO for whatever their reasons. If you or anyone else chooses not to play FW then naturally the game won't be downloaded on your computer. Therefore if we call a meeting then we'll need a place where we can include you. I understand your point but I also understand Lucx's. We're just trying to find a middle ground for everyone
Liah
Liah
Smash
Smash

Back to top Go down

Post  Slog Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:15 am

Considering i was hearing talk of the new forums having a chat box in it then wouldnt it make the best sence to say thats wherer the meetings will take place i do not see why someone who does not have MSn needs to download it. If we have a chat box for the guild by then ...Then thats what we should use it for along with just normal chatting Very Happy

Slog

Back to top Go down

Post  Celica Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:48 am

Slog wrote:Considering i was hearing talk of the new forums having a chat box in it then wouldnt it make the best sence to say thats wherer the meetings will take place i do not see why someone who does not have MSn needs to download it. If we have a chat box for the guild by then ...Then thats what we should use it for along with just normal chatting Very Happy

Sloggy should check his e-mail... ^.~
Celica
Celica
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down