Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entropy of a Guild.

4 posters

Go down

Entropy of a Guild. Empty Entropy of a Guild.

Post  Sandry Sun May 24, 2009 2:07 pm

Just something to think about...but, I have noticed a pattern. As the time moves on, and many of the members of the guild advance in levels, people have grown apart. They move into cliques, where they are most comfortable, afraid to change. Teams become exclusive, soloing more common, and exp becomes the main reason for all. Where has the time gone of when teams were fun, and meeting new people was the main reason for them? Where has the time gone where location doesn't matter, but the friends you're with? We move apart, and many have lost the will to care about these things. I for one, find this to be the one thing to kill a guild. I'm begging you all now, as a friend, not an Elder, to please...reverse this. Come back together.

(By the way, even myself is not innocent of this, we're all guilty.)
Sandry
Sandry
Banned

Back to top Go down

Entropy of a Guild. Empty Re: Entropy of a Guild.

Post  Kazaa Sun May 24, 2009 2:12 pm

This is exactly what I seem to see happening lately. In case you guys haven't noticed, lately I have been trying to help bring the guild back together in whatever ways I can think of. Lots of them have gone ignored for the most part. I don't want to see Chaotic Dragons die just because we can't do a friendly team for a few, or even just one single member.
Kazaa
Kazaa
Branch Head - Demon Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjrn Sun May 24, 2009 2:22 pm

en⋅tro⋅py  /ˈɛntrəpi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [en-truh-pee] Show IPA
–noun 1. Thermodynamics. a. (on a macroscopic scale) a function of thermodynamic variables, as temperature, pressure, or composition, that is a measure of the energy that is not available for work during a thermodynamic process. A closed system evolves toward a state of maximum entropy.
b. (in statistical mechanics) a measure of the randomness of the microscopic constituents of a thermodynamic system. Symbol: S

2. (in data transmission and information theory) a measure of the loss of information in a transmitted signal or message.
3. (in cosmology) a hypothetical tendency for the universe to attain a state of maximum homogeneity in which all matter is at a uniform temperature (heat death).
4. a doctrine of inevitable social decline and degeneration

Maybe one should look at another thing that is causing the guild social order to disintegrate, the manner in which certain guildies cling together like gorilla glue and refuse to part. If this parting happens one side of the pair will complain and make the lives of those around the secondary part quite uncomfortable and blantely unenjoyable.

As the old fashioned saying of thinking before one speaks plays here, the ones who complain about the clicks are usually a main former of said clicks. Just because one does not get their way, they tend to cause a rift in the social order. I'm positive that there are many people in this guild who make an effort to go against the norm and socialize with people who have just entered the family, though there are others who refuse to leave certain indivudals with little reason, and if they do, as I have said they make a large clamour.

Please remember to make smart posts before anything, especially if you are a major culprit to your own complaint.

I do agree that this happens, but it happens in most social groups. There are a good few people who bust their ass on a daily basis to make people feel inculded and welcomed. While parties are only made of six people, most of us have behind the scenes conversations and whispers that are equally, if not more fun. Being close, caring friends doesn't always mean you have to party or be together. Just as long your in communication with the other, it feels as if they are right beside you.
Mjrn
Mjrn
Queen of the Dragons
Queen of the Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarod Sun May 24, 2009 2:51 pm

As levels increase, it does cause a separation of people simply because.. well, the Mirror World is, at its core, a game. A player with nothing but level 60 classes can't party with a player who only has classes under level 20. There could be powerleveling, but that raises the question of what exactly are those players -doing-. Bottom line, they're playing the game. The game offers only so much. The rest is up to the player.

Chaotic has made great leaps in integrating all players into the society. Yes, there are limits, as I said. It's the fact that we exist in a game. But the ingenuity of the players allows those limits to be stretched. It allows players of all levels to co-exist, so long as they're willing to accept that the game is just there, and playing it is just an option. Some people don't recognize the power of choice, most of Chaotic does.

If you don't want the guild to fall apart because of cliques, then start where it matters most: involve the people at the low level, let them feel welcomed and desired. Also, involve the people who don't get on much. Let them feel as warm and comfortable as people who play the game for 8 hours each day. And for everyone else, understand that this is still just a game, and some things that occur in real life take priority. I know it's hard to feel wanted and needed sometimes, but it's not a fault of any individual, it's a fault of a lack of ability to communicate on the Internet. So much is filtered out, there's no tone so we fill in the gaps with our own fears and doubts.

Well, that's my two cents at least.
Jarod
Jarod
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down