Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 3 Empty Re: Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed)

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:01 pm

The crowd became silent. The Eversun Elder stood on the stage. "Today, is a day for grieving. Today is the day when one of us dies by our own hands. We have gathered here for the public execution of Mjrn Silverfox. Let the convicted be brought forth."

From the town hall a group of five people walked forward. Four guards were on the diagonals, with Mjrn in the center. Chains held her, and led to each guard. Her face showed no signs of weakness or doubt.

The crowd and guildies watched Mjrn as she was brought forth.

Mjrn was walked passed the crowd and eventually led to the stage.

Her chains were bolted to the ground and Mjrn stood defiantly.

The Eversun Elder turned to her. "Does the convicted have any words before we begin?"

"I do." Mjrn said.

Everyone became quiet.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 3 Empty Tower of Sneaky Peak Part 11

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:05 pm

"Always with the interferences." The man said with a sigh. He turned and a huge smile was across his face. "Because even though their insignificant, they still try." He laughed.

"What happened to Xecos?" Slog asked the man.

"That pathetic guy? Well, I put a hole in his chest and threw him off the tower. He's probably buried in the snow by now."

Lightening crashed across the sky.

Everyone had their weapons ready. They didn't trust the man.

"Very well. Give back Tika's soul, and we'll be lenient on you." Slog said pointing his wand at the Man.

"Leniency? What makes you think I need that. With the power I have now, even the monster lords will bow to me." He turned his back to them. "There is nothing you pathetic people could do even if you tried."

With that Slog ordered them to attack.

Everyone rushed forward towards the man.

"I see your choice." The man turned to them and held out his hand. A blinding light shot out and consumed everything.

Everything disappeared into the white light.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 3 Empty Re: Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed)

Post  Tika_Keiga Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:26 am

Mjrn stood there silently. Despite everything she had gone though, she wasn't showing a single hint of emotion. She was defiant.

It was uncomfortably quiet. Mjrn waiting until not a single person was talking or looking away from her.

She took a deep breath, and opened her eyes. "I am Mjrn Silverfox. Daughter of the monster lord known as Phoenix."

There were murmurs among the crowd.

"And here I stand before you all today. Convicted to death. My crimes? With the help of my friends I killed my mother. My reason. To protect you all." Mjrn was unrelenting. "I betrayed my own blood to protect those that would condemn me. Here I stand, as proof. That you people are stupid enough to destroy what you fear without knowing the truth." Mjrn raised her arms, and shattered her chains.

There was unrest among the crowd.

The guards on the stage raised their weapons towards Mjrn.

"I am someone who has the power to destroy you all. Yet I chose to protect you." She closed her eyes briefly. Then opened them again. "If you condemn me. So be it. I accept my judgment." Mjrn got onto her knees and took the position for execution.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:48 pm

The executioner didn't move. He knew the situation well. As did the Eversun Elder.

"Brilliant." Vamp said to Rhys and Tika.

"How so?" Tika asked. "She's accepting her death."

"Yes, but it isn't what you think. By showing some of her power, then accepting the judgment of the people, she can't be executed by the council. You see. Now that the people know, they are the ones who have to make the decision."

"So it's the public's choice to execute her or not?" Tika asked.

"Exactly. Mjrn turned this whole situation over. There's now a chance she can be saved. Because despite the council's decision, if they execute her, with such unrest in the minds of the people, riot can in all likely be a strong possibility."

Rhys smiled. "By cornering Mjrn, they cornered themselves. Mjrn sure has grown up a lot." He said reminiscing.

"Mjrn isn't truly guilty of anything, so the power of the people can overturn the council." Vamp laughed. "I never thought I'd see someone pull it off again."

"I guess all we can do now, is wait." Tika said looking towards the stage.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:23 am

The Eversun elder stepped forward and the crowd became silent once more. "The judgment of the council is death. But I will allow the the public the final decision." He announced the the crowd.

"That pervy Elder isn't so bad." Sandry commented.

"What does the public decide?" He asked. "Those who wish her executed, sit down. Those who wish her to live, stay standing."

Every Chaotic Dragon stayed standing. Many people in the crowd began sitting down, but more people stayed standing.

Only a small number of the council sat down. The rest were standing. Proof that the council vote had been fixed from the start.

"So it is decided." The Eversun Elder turned to Mjrn.

Mjrn still had her head down, and eyes closed.

"Rise Mjrn Silverfox." The Elder said to her.

Mjrn didn't face the crowd, and stood up.

"The city of Eversun sees you as not guilty. Mjrn, you are free to continue living."

Mjrn smiled and turned to the crowd. She raised her hand and gave a thumbs up.

The standing people began cheering.

The sitting people recognized their defeat and joined in the cheering. While one council member didn't join in. The man still wanted Mjrn dead, but he didn't have the power to do so. He stood up and walked away.

One person in the crowd wasn't cheering though. The person's features were hidden by a cloak. A dark aura began to form around the person.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 pm

An old man came up behind Rhys and tapped his shoulder.

Rhys turned and examined the man. "What do you want?"

"Just to talk." He said with a smile.

"Bad Snake." Rhys whispered, enough for Tika and Vamp to hear.

Tika was about to get ready to fight when Rhys held up his hand. Tika calmed down and was silent.

"I know the three of you, have more grasp of this situation then the rest. So I came to warn you."

"What could a monster lord want to warn his enemies about?" Vamp asked.

"A very good question, spy of the races." Bad Snake folded his arms and smiled. "There's one person whose rage over Mjrn continuation in living. You should all know her well."

"Phoenix....is here?" Tika asked.

"Of course. I believe me when I tell you this. Fire is gonna rain down today." Bad Snake turned. "Good luck."

Rhys turned towards the stage. "I can't interfere this time." He clenched his fist.

"But we can." Tika said touching his shoulder.

"The whole guild will fight by her side." Vamp said.

"Then I wish you luck." Rhys said turning and walking away.

Power exploded out from the crowd as the hooded figure's rage built up. Soon people began running away from the person.

Mjrn's eyes narrowed down on that point. "Elder. Please evacuate everyone."

The Eversun Elder nodded, and began giving orders for the crowd to disperse.

As the crowd thinned, the members of Chaotic, stayed where they had been standing. They all felt the ominous aura of the hooded person.

"It looks like I'll have to kill you myself!" The hooded person's cloak burst into flames, and the humanoid version of phoenix appeared from the flames. "This time, I will make sure you die." She said, her eyes glaring at Mjrn.

"Mother. I will end this." Mjrn replied, while glaring back.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 3 Empty Tower of Sneaky Peak Part 12

Post  Tika_Keiga Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:51 am

Slog opened his eyes, and blinked. As the flash of light faded from the burn it had left on his eyes, he began to take in his surroundings.

But he wasn't where he thought he was. Where previously he had been on the top of a tower, he now stood somewhere else.

The sound of a creek punctuated the air. The rustle of leaves in the light wind. The sun was high in the sky, at around 3 o'clock.

Slog was standing a bit away from the creek. The grass was long and reached up to his knees.

Humming suddenly started to fill the air. The person was humming some forgotten tune.

Slog couldn't tell which direction it was coming from.

After a small bit the humming gave way to a song. The sound of a small girl's song filled the air.

As the song started Slog noticed a girl sitting on a rock overlooking the creek. Wind blowing through her hair as she sang.

When I am reflected in your eyes, what color am I?
If you wish from me the deepest red
I will give you the light of the sun

overflowing with sadness
I closed my eyes, hidden by darkness.
all the spilled tears, I tried to hide
Fall away, soak into my heart

The sounds of the waving sea
gently mix in symphony
are reaching out to where I lie
bringing slumber to me.

in my dreams, I endlessly
search for that dearly missed face
Oh I want to reach, out my hand
and hold it strongly in my heart

If you wish from me the deepest blue
I shall give you all the soaring sky

And the joy, by chance destiny
fills us as we meet by the sea
The light of our smiles, hides the pain
of farewells, that soon must come

All of us, we soon shall fall into the ruin before long
but we will live on, handed down, in the eternal guiding song

If you wish from me the deepest green
I shall give you this all the living earth

All around are the fragile and the fleeting ones
All around are the strongest and the fairest ones
All be as you are

If you remember the tranquility
I am there, always eternally

If you wish from me deepest past
I shall give you the thoughts of my heart
I shall give you all my everything
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Tika readied her spear and flexed her muscles. She was preparing herself for the coming battle. There was more then just their lives at stake this time. Unlike the fight at Blacktoa Peaks, this was Eversun. Civilians were presence, and any major damage would be irreversible.

Mjrn jumped off the stage and landed on the ground. She head up her hand as a huge sword flew at her. Catching the hilt of her Nine Rings, she began walking towards Phoenix.

Phoenix smiled. "You come at me knowing I won't go easy on you this time? Frankly, I held back last time. I thought that much power could've beat you. But frankly I underestimated you...and your...friends." She spat the last word.

"Someone like you who knows nothing about the value of life, cannot understand." Mjrn replied. "That is why your kind is known as monsters. Beings with meaningless existences, used only for destroying."

"What does that make you then, my dear daughter? For you are the spawn of two monsters." A huge smirk formed on Phoenix's face.

Mjrn stopped moving forward, she lowered her head in thought.

"That's right. Rhys isn't your father. In fact, Trivern is your real father. You have no shura blood in your veins, only the appearance of it." Phoenix was trying mental warfare first.

Mjrn looked up at Phoenix.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:02 am

Liah winced in pain as she threw Mjrn's sword. She then collapsed to her knees and looked up. She saw Mjrn catch it.

"You shouldn't be using that arm like that so soon. Your wound might become permanent." Jarod noted to her, his eyes were on Phoenix.

"Mjrn needed a weapon. There's no one else here who can make that throw."

The two heard Phoenix's words, and watched as Mjrn went quiet.

"That's right daughter. Even though you thought you were a monster, you continued on living due to believing you had non-monster blood in your veins." Phoenix began to walk towards Mjrn. "Your a monster. Just...like...me." She began laughing.

Mjrn fell to her hands and knees and she darkened. Dark thoughts went through her head. I'm....a monster. She screamed inside herself.

"Now's the time Tika." Vamp said rushing forward.

Tika nodded and ran after him.

The two attacked Phoenix in unison.

"Tch." Phoenix said as she dodged their attacks. She span and whirlwind kicked Vamp.

Vamp flew back and went through a house wall. He disappeared from sight.

Tika twisted her spear and attacked.

"Vanish." Phoenix said level her palm at Tika. A huge wave of flame shot out and Tika disappeared in the resulting explosion. Smoke and dust made it unable to tell if she was okay.

The other guild members were closing in. Phoenix held up her hand and seven Divine Fire Beasts landed in a circle around Phoenix and Mjrn. "You'll have to deal with them before you can interrupt us." Phoenix stated, bringing her attention back to Mjrn.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:26 am

"Spread out, and take each one on in groups." Jarod ordered the guildies.

Jarod and Liah faced the first beast.

Sandry and Kaz were facing the second one.

Despite Ted's injury, he and Zymes stood facing the third beast.

Zion and Kooh got ready to take the fourth one on.

Celica and Kara got ready to fight with the fifth beast.

The sixth beast looked around for a target, and saw a muse walking towards it.

The muse sighed. "I thought my part in this was over." It was Binks. "But you guys seem to be in more trouble then I had anticipated."

The seventh beast was about to attack Binks, when it sensed danger. It jumped back as a piece of building hit where it had been standing.

Vamp was standing where he had been thrown through the wall. "Finally, a fight. This is gonna be fun." He smirked and ran forward.

The beast ran towards him, and the two grappled each other.

Tika's condition was still unsure as she didn't appear from where Phoenix had attacked her.

Phoenix leaned down towards her daughter. "They're all trying to save you, yet non of them will succeed. Monsters can't be saved, my daughter. You'll die all alone, by your own mother's hands." She laughed.

Mjrn dropped her blade and her hands grabbed her head. She was scared.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 3 Empty Bonus post

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:46 am

Jarod casted protective magics onto Liah as she charged towards the beast.

The beast brought it's paw down, and missed Liah by an inch. Liah slide passed and flipped into the air. Making a midair stance, she came down at the beast and smashed it into the ground.

Sandry nodded to Kaz, who was already casting a spell. She boasted his powers as the beast ran towards them. Kaz leveled his wand at the beast as it near and unleashed the magical attack. The beast and the attack hit a stale mate, and it became a deadlock for who could survive longer.

Ted jumped to the side as the beast charged him. He slide back and when he got a footing he began to circle the beast. Zymes on the other hand was knocking several arrows and waiting for the perfect chance to strike. As Ted ran passed his vision, he let the arrows loose.

Kooh gave Zion support as he went toe to toe with the beast. The two attacked each other but both couldn't land solid hits. While Zion wasn't that fast, his footwork was what was saving him from being hurt.

Celica sent a shockwave at the beast as Kara ran passed her. He brought up his blade and got ready. The beast was put off-guard by Celica's attack, and Kara stepped forward and slashed at it.

Binks seemed to dance around as the beast attacked him. The beast was unrelenting, but Binks' swiftness and footwork was making sure nothing got near him. He seemed to be gauging the beast's power level.

Even without his weapon, Vamp's deadlock with the beast was extreme. He was bare handed and his shura strength was showing in all it's might. The beast was trying to push it's weight onto Vamp, and crush him, but Vamp was resisting. Instead Vamp threw his foot forward and tripped the beast. Catching it off-guard, he strained and lifted up the beast, he turned and threw the beast. The beast smashed throguh a wall, but quickly recovered. It was already running back at Vamp. Vamp took stance and had a huge grin on. "Come on." He yelled as he ran towards the beast.

"It ends now." Phoenix raised her hand and condensed fire began to form. As it reached critical mass, she was about to hit Mjrn with it, when she sensed something.

A massive amount of power exploded from where Tika had been. The dust and smoke flew out. Tika stood there, with her spear in stance. A weird aura was surrounding her. "That's as far as you go." She said to Phoenix.

"Oh? And what will a pathetic girl like you do?" Phoenix said mocking Tika.

"I'm glad you asked. I'm gonna start by breaking your face in."

Phoenix smile vanished. "Impudent girl." Instead of hitting Mjrn, Phoenix threw the attack at Tika.

Tika brought up her spear and met the the attack. Suddenly the fireball split in two and flew passed both sides of Tika. "You must be getting old. The lame attack couldn't hurt a fly." She said as a building behind her exploded from the impact of the attack.

Phoenix turned and Kicked Mjrn. Then looked towards Tika. "Then show me what you got girly."

Mjrn slid back and watched the sky. Her mind was still dark.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 3 Empty Tower of Sneaky Peak Part 13

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:44 pm

By the time the girl's song ended, Slog noticed she was a young shura who had long purple hair.

As she finished singing she stood up and glanced at Slog.

"Are you here to take what's left of me?" The girl asked.

"I don't know why I'm here." Slog replied.

"All adults are the same. Craving power. Even if you have to rip apart children to do it." The girl seemed to think darkly.

"I don't want power that's obtained that way."

"Then why are you here? This place is for those that would take the soul of others. The only reason a remnant like me is here, is because my soul is gone. The memories and soul of my body are gone, and I too soon will die." She looked at Slog. "If you want power you have absorb what's left of me, before I disappear."

"So you just give up? Stand and fight. Tika. Why is someone so strong, already admitting defeat? Do you really want to end like this?" Slog yelled.

"And just what the hell am I suppose to do?" Tears filled the young Tika's eyes. "My parent's failed to protect me, even though they tried their best. My brother died doing something meaningless. I grew up as an Orphan, and always was at the bottom of society. I lived by cleaning the filth others left behind." She held up her hand. "All because of the power I inherited." A few tears dropped from her face. "Tika Keiga is dead now. Stop wasting your time trying to save someone who shouldn't even exist." Tika's eyes were closed, and tears ran down the little girl's face.

"Tika." Slog said quietly, and wrapped his arms around the young version of her. "Everyone exists for a purpose. People spend their whole lives trying to find it. Some do, and others don't. But not giving up on finding your purpose, is what makes existing so wonderful."

Tika was silent for a few seconds then shoved Slog away. "Whatever. Your just a pervy old man."

Slog faked pain. "That hurts."

"It's true." Tika said defiantly, wiping away her tears.

There was a silence.

"Fine. I will try one more time. but if things don't change, I'm leaving next time." Tika said stubbornly.

Slog outstretched his hand to her. "Then let's go."

The young version of Tika defiantly took his hand. "You better not try anything."

The creek and field turned into bright white, as the vision began to fade.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Liah slid back. She was breathing heavily. Blood dripped from her arm. Her wound had reopened again. "Dammit."

The beast struggled to cover. He slowly got onto it's feet and seemed to cough a few times. it shook it's head, then looked towards Liah.

Jarod's magic had become ineffective in Liah. So he decided to go into attack mode.

Liah took stance, and felt her arm strain at the movement. Unable to bare the pain, she let it fall to her side. She readied her other arm. The beast and her were watching each other. Both were wounded, and it was a battle of endurance now.

Lightening shot out as Jarod attacked the beast. The beast jumped to the side and launched itself at Jarod. Upon reaching the sylph, it turn and kicked him.

Jarod flew back across the ground and rolled to a stop. He looked back at the beast as some blood flowed into his eyes. He smirked.

The beast realized its mistake, but it was too late. Liah was behind it now, and the final blow was ready.

Liah launched herself at the beast and using the rest of her strength, she punched the beast's neck.

There was a sickening snap as the beast went limp and fell over.

Liah fell to her knees and held her arm. She looked to see how the others were doing.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Kaz's magical attack, and the beast's magical resistance were on par with each other. Despite even Sandry's augmenting of Kaz's power. The lightening magic was hitting the slight barrier the beast had and shooting off in different directions. but the beast couldn't move, due to it's focus being on the dispersion of Kaz's attack. It was a match of endurance, for who had enough mana to outlast the other.

"This thing is tough. I'd say it's tougher then the ones we had fought in Blacktoa Peaks before." Kaz commented. Signs of fatigue were starting to show.

"It certainly sees that way." Sandry answered.

"I haven't used this much mana in one run before. It's difficult to control." Kaz explained absently.

"Then stop talking, and keep at it. That thing can only handle so much.

Kaz smirked, and was silent. He put the rest of his concentration on his attack.

The beast's fatigue grew. Its legs began to shake. It roared in frustration, as it's concentration broke.

The magic hit the beast and it screamed.

As the mana settled, the beast laid on the ground, twitching.

Kaz collapsed to his knees. Sandry came over to him and checked him. "Seems we beat it."

The two were happy.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:47 pm

Ted was barely keeping himself alive as he dodged the beast's claws. His broke arm was keeping him from fighting at his full strength, so he was relying on Zymes to finish the beast off.

Zymes on the other hand had been trying to pinpoint a weak point he could attack. He didn't know Ted well enough, but was glad he was distracting the beast.

After a few moments Zymes came up with a plan. He nodded to Ted, and the plan begun.

Ted ran at the beast and the two began dueling, saber against claws. Zymes ran to the side and knocked a special arrow. Ted got the beast into a deadlock, and grinned. Zymes ran forward and jumped up. He took aim and let loose. The arrow embedded itself deep within the beast's skull. it was then Ted realized where he was.

The beast's limp body fell on top of him. Ted groaned as he realized he was trapped. "Mind helping?" Zymes laughed and went over to help.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:11 pm

While things had gone relatively well for the others. Zion and Kooh, Celica and Kara were different stories.

Zion was bloodied with claw marks. He was tired and fatigued. Yet he kept his position.

Kooh lay wounded on the ground behind him. A claw mark from her shoulder down her back. It wasn't too deep, but the pain had caused her to fall unconscious.

The beast was ecstatic. It knew it was winning, and it was craving the bloody kill. It began circling the two. Seemingly mocking them.

Zion knew the next attack would probably kill him. Yet he kept standing, trying to protect Kooh.

The beast rushed forward to finish him off.

Zion closed his eyes and waited for the blow.

There was a loud smash, and the beast get hit.

Zion opened his eyes and saw a chunk of rock had hit the beast. The beast's front left leg looked broken. Zion looked around to see what happened. What he found was a familiar face. "Vamp."

The old shura had light wounds all over his body. Yet none seemed to be affecting him. He rushed forward and finished the beast off.

Unable to keep his concentration, Zion slipped into unconsciousness, and fell to the ground.

Meanwhile Celica and Kara were struggling.

The beast jumped and attacked.

Kara got ready to take a hit, when suddenly a shockwave hit the beast and sent it away from Kara. The two looked to see who interfered.

"Binks. I thought you were going out of town." Celica yelled to the sylph.

"That's what I had intended, but my plans changed." Binks replied walking forward. "It's kinda pathetic. Two on one and you couldn't overcome a Divine Flame Beast."

"These ones are stronger then Blacktoa ones." Kara replied.

Binks shook his head. "Whatever your excuse might be, just don't get in my way."

The two thought it was rare seeing Binks in one of his moods, but both knew he was getting serious and now wasn't the best time to argue with him.

Binks walked towards the beast as it recovered, and began to pluck his strings. The mysterious tune began to fill the air, as the duel began. The three of them readied and took the beast on.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 3 Empty Tower of Sneaky Peak Part 14

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:08 pm

As the man's attack neared the group, a barrier formed and defended against the attack.

The group was surprised to see Tika standing in front of them. She had her hands held in front of her and was opposing the man.

The man's eyes flickered. "No. You can't get up. I have your soul. You should just be an empty shell."

Tika looked up at the man. "Your wrong. You only took the part of my soul you needed. You didn't bother to talk it all." Tika reversed his attack and sent it back at him.

The man swatted the attack away. "No matter. I have your power. Your not strong enough to stop me."

Slog and the other guildies stood by Tika's side.

"Maybe not alone, but I'm not alone anymore." Tika said holding out her hand. In her hand a spear began to form. As it began shining, two wings began to appear from Tika's back. She looked back to her guildies. "Lend me your strength."

They all nodded.

The man sighed. "It looks like in the end, I am forced to gamble." Using Tika's power electricity began flowing around him. Two wings of electricity formed on his back. "Let us see who deserves it more."

As Tika began feeling the guildies' powers, her feathered wings turned to radiant white. She turned towards the man. "Today it will end. One of won't be coming back."

The man smirked. "It looks that way." A spear formed in his hand as well.

Lightening cracked across the sky, as the fate of those involved began spinning on the roulette.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:13 am

Tika gripped her spear and rushed forward.

Orbs of fire began to float around Phoenix as she prepared her defense.

As Tika attacked, Phoenix counter each strike by blocking it with a fire orb. An opening formed in Tika's defense. Phoenix took the chance and shot flames at Tika.

Tika felt the searing heat touch her. She slide back and batted the flames away with her spear.

Phoenix went on the offensive and began shooting fireballs at rapid fire.

Tika began running in huge circles around Phoenix. While most of the attacks missed her, Tika cut the others with her spear. Each fireball exploded when they contacted the ground, creating small holes.

Finally coming full circle Tika dug her foot into one of the holes. Bracing herself she twisted and instantly changed her direction towards Phoenix. Batting away the fireballs she reached Phoenix. "Corkscrew Slice."

Tika's attack met with Phoenix's wall of flames, and the two canceled each other out. Tika attacked again, and Phoenix jumped back.

She smiled and pointed her hand at Mjrn. She shot a massive fireball at her daughter.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:31 am

Tika rushed forward. She got between the attack and Mjrn and brought her spear up in defense. Flames licked at Tika as the attack forced Tika to slide back towards Mjrn.

Tika brushed the attack away as it weakened enough. A foot behind her was Mjrn.

"Mjrn." Tika said softly.

Still torn, Mjrn looked towards the shura standing above her.

"You said earlier that monsters don't understand the value of life. Mjrn. Just because your the daughter of monsters doesn't make you one. You understand the four races, and why they fight monsters." Tika didn't look towards Mjrn. "Tell me. When Rhys tried to escape with you when you were a kid. Do you think he thought of you as a monster? No. He saw you as his daughter. He wanted to protect you. Look around Mjrn. No one ran when Phoenix presented herself. Everyone fought, even Ted whose arm is broken."

Mjrn didn't know what to think. Her mind was trapped within her own morality and truth.

"Liah and Jarod are waiting for you. Since you were sentenced, they wanted to barge into the prison and bust you out. The only reason they didn't, is because you resolved to stay there. Tell me. Is their faith in you misplaced? Are you just another monster that we should destroy?"

Mjrn was about to say something, but no words came out.

Tika began to walk forward, away from Mjrn. She held her spear to the side.

"It seems I under estimated you." Phoenix said. "Your reflexes have improved since that man used the tower in the west."

"Don't act like you know me Phoenix. You couldn't possibly understand what I am." Tika took stance.

"The same can be said for you. You can't understand me either. My motivation for all this. How long I've actually been doing this. Nothing."

"You think I care about understanding you? I only care about protecting what's important to me."

Phoenix smiled. "The exact same can be said about me. Except I take it further into what you call evil. We're not so different....you and I." Phoenix eyes focused on Tika.

Taking a step Tika's focus was finally perfectly concentrated on Phoenix, She rushed towards Phoenix.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:30 am

Phoenix formed a sword of flames, and brought it up. She parried Tika's first strike, and counterattacked.

Tika twisted her spear and blocked the attack. Putting her hands far apart on the shaft of the spear, Tika and Phoenix began dueling. Tika used both ends of her spear to counter the swiftness of Phoenix's blade work.

Tika ducked as Phoenix's blade flew where her neck had just been. Tika placed her hands on the ground and twisted her body, and kicked towards Phoenix.

Phoenix blocked with her arm, and struck out at Tika.

Tika felt the heat through her boot as she kicked the flaming blade away. Tika got back onto her feet and the two dueled again.

The others, whose battles had just concluded, were watching the fight between the two play out.

Vamp brushed his hands off. He glanced towards Tika. "I didn't think you'd use it again." He said to himself.

"What are you talking about?" Zion mentioned, as he and Kooh finally seemed to have recovered.

"It's nothing. Just a bit of nostalgia." Vamp said laughing. "Well, let's leave this battle for Tika."

"Why? She looks like she could use help." Zion asked.

Vamp was silent.

"If you examine Tika's expression, you can see she's focused. She has a goal, and motives. Even someone young as me can clearly see that." Kooh answered for Vamp.

"You've grow alot as well." Vamp said.

Kooh smiled.

Zion didn't know what to say, but if it was Tika's fight, he figured to leave it to her then.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:25 am

The others were tired. The Divine Fire Beasts they fought had drained there strength.

Kooh and Zion were only alive because Vamp had stepped in to save them.

Without Binks' help, Celica and Kara were barely able to stand against their opponent.

Sandry and Kaz were exhausted from how much mana they had used.

Ted's arm was throbbing, and Zymes was tired.

Liah was breathing heavily. "Dammit. Why does this wound hold me back still?" She said cursing her reopened wound.

"It's a memento from back then, when you were reckless. It won't disappear that easily." Jarod said taking a knee before Liah. He began casting healing magic on her.

Liah examined him. She saw the wound above his eye. She turned her head. "I'm surprised you didn't take care of yourself first."

"I'm not a monster you know. I just wasn't thinking straight before."

"Excuses, excuses." Frankly didn't care, she was more worried about the flurry of flames that had erupted between Tika and Phoenix. "Jarod. You read Slog's report right?"

"I did." Jarod answered examining Liah's expression.

"Why do you....suppose Tika is fighting?"

"I can't say. I don't know her that well. None of us really do. The ones that did though, have long left on their separate journeys. Slog, Sephy, Ali, and the others. And that girl... What was her name again?"

"Presea?"

"I think that person had gotten the closest to Tika. I believe Tika came to love her like a sister. Then ... well, you remember what happened." Jarod tightened the bandage he had applied to Liah.

Liah winced and thought about the people that had come and gone from the guild. "It reminds me of how little we actually know of the people we have been fighting beside all this time."

"It can't be helped. People don't open up often. Then just as you start to care for them, they move on. It's happened a lot since we formed this guild."

Liah held onto her arm again and pain shot through it. "I'll leave it to Tika then." She said as she passed out.

Jarod smirked. "Silly. But I suppose this battle is out of our reach." He watched as Tika fought against Phoenix. His eyes looked passed the battle and locked onto Mjrn. "I wonder what she's thinking."
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 3 Empty Tower of Sneaky Peak Finale

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:38 pm

Light exploded from Tika's wings as she rushed forwards.

The man came to meet her.

Shock-waves flew out each time their spears struck each other.

Slog, Vamp, and the others could only watch in awe. On top of that tower they were witnesses to something that rarely happened. A duel that would decide many fates.

Light clashed with electricity. Tika and the man both were giving it their all.

Tika slide back, and readied all her strength.

"Let this finish it." The man said doing the same.

The two rushed forwards and clashed. Light shrouded the area, as the massive amount of energy was released.

-----------------

The group woke up, feeling groggy.

The Tower that had once stood there, was once again how it looked before events had started.

The group seemed to have forgotten why they had come, and what had happened.

Tika was laying in the snow on the edge of the group. No signs of her wings were apparent.

Vamp walked over to her and lifted her up. "Let's get you back."

As the group recovered and began heading back, Slog stood there, glancing back at the ruined tower. He felt like he his memory on the incident was fading.

"You coming?" A guildie called back to him.

"I'll catch up later. Go on ahead." Slog replied.

As the snow fell, Slog pulled out paper and pen. He began to write his report before he would forget.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:12 pm

Mjrn looked at her hands. Blood of monsters flows within me. But I'm not like them.

She recalled Rhys' words when he had tried to kidnap her. Then Tika's words that were spoken moments before.

I have friends. People I believe in.

Mjrn looked up and at the guildies who were tired and out of it. She saw the evidence that they had been fighting to protect her. Mjrn saw Liah and Jarod through the flames of the battle.

And people who believe in me. Mjrn confirmed for herself.

Jarod smiled back to her, reassuringly.

Mjrn struggled to her feet. She looked around for her Nine Rings. Mjrn spotted it laying on the ground. "I think it's about time for me move on." She said to herself walking forwards.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:01 pm

"I have to admit girl. You've got power. Too bad you insist on working with these people." Phoenix said as fire exploded around her.

Tika readied her spear. "That's what makes us different. I never wanted power."

"You'll die today anyway, so it doesn't matter." All the fire around Phoenix focused into one point, and formed a fireball. As it's power increased it turned blue, and then white. "To date, I can't recall anyone who has survived this attack." She said throwing the white fireball at Tika.

Even before it got close to Tika, she could feel the extreme heat given off by the attack. She realized that if she dodged it, a huge portion of the city would be destroyed in a second. Tika took stance and got ready to take the blow.

As Tika began to feel she hair start to singe, she felt a presence stand in front of her. She opened her eyes and saw silver hair.

Dust and smoke exploded out as the attack hit something.

Phoenix waved her hand and wind blew the smoke away. Her smile vanished. "You. You still stand against me?"

Mjrn smirked. "I will always be against you Mother."

Tika brushed herself off. "About time." She stood by Mjrn's side.

"Tch." Phoenix was ticked off. "Fine. I won't hold back any longer. Today Eversun will die, with everyone still here." Phoenix flew into the sky a good distance, and a massive fireball surrounded her.

"She's transforming into her true form again?" Tika asked.

"Seems that way." Mjrn replied.

As the fire dissipated, a huge flaming bird known as Phoenix flapped it's wings as it descended back to the battlefield.

The two shuras known as Tika Keiga and Mjrn Silverfox stood in opposition against the Monster lord, the flaming bird, Phoenix.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:44 pm

Phoenix opened her wings, and hundreds of small fireballs shot out.

Tika and Mjrn split up, and ran in opposite directions. The two circled Phoenix in different directions. The fireballs continued to fire, and hit the areas they were just in.

As soon as the two were on opposite sides of Phoenix, they rushed towards her.

Tika's spear started glowing as she readied her attack. Mjrn's Nine Rings did as well. The two came attacked simultaneously.

Phoenix folded in it's wings, and covered herself.

With the wings protecting Phoenix, the two's attacks did nothing. So they continually started slicing at Phoenix.

Suddenly Phoenix threw her wings open, and a fire AoE shot out.

Tika brought up her spear and tried to block.

Mjrn blocked with Nine Rings.

The two slid back, and jumped. The ground exploding where they had just been.

Tika signaled to Mjrn, and Mjrn nodded. As soon as the two landed they began circling Phoenix again.

Phoenix turned and eyed them.

Finally the two met up, and Tika rushed towards Phoenix. Mjrn right behind her.

Near Phoenix's mouth a white fireball was forming.

Both of their weapons began glowing again.

Phoenix brought her wings up to block, and Tika stuck her spear into Phoenix's wing, she then twisted it, forcing Phoenix to open them.

Mjrn passed Tika and neared Phoenix.

Phoenix pointed the fireball at Mjrn and fired.

Mjrn brought her sword down to meet the attack.

A shockwave exploded out as smoke covered the area. All the guildies stumbled from it. They regained themselves and looked to see what happened.

As Phoenix flapped her wings she started ascending into the sky.

Mjrn was on a knee. She hair singed, her clothes slightly burned. Her leg was bleeding.

Phoenix extended her wings and hundreds of white fireballs formed.

Mjrn gritted her teeth and tried to stand. Pain shot through her leg, and was unable to.

Phoenix sent the attack at Mjrn.

Mjrn tried to bring Nine Rings up to block, then suddenly realized it was embedded in the ground. "Dammit." Mjrn said watching the fireballs close in on her.

Another shockwave exploded out as the fireballs hit the area. Smoke and dust exploded out.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next