Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 4 Empty Re: Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed)

Post  Tika_Keiga Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:14 pm

"Mjrn!" Jarod called out. He was about to run forward, when a strong grip tightened on his shoulder. He turned and saw Vamp's serious face. "Let me go! I have to see if she's okay."

But Vamp didn't let go.

"Dammit. What the hell are you doing?" Jarod asked desperately.

"Don't act rashly. Mjrn is fine. You believe in her don't you?" Vamp asked.

Jarod glanced at Liah, then back at where the smoke and dust was. He didn't know how to answer.

"Just watch. Until the very end." Vamp said releasing Jarod's shoulder.

Jarod reluctantly stayed where he was.

In the smoke, Mjrn coughed. She could feel warmth in her leg, and saw her wound was closing. "What is this?"

Black wings flapped softly.

Mjrn looked up and as the wind slowly cleared the air, Mjrn saw a figure standing in front of her. Big black feathered wings were lazily flapping. She saw purple hair and realized what happened. "Tika..." Her voice trailed off.

Tika glanced back at Mjrn. "Mjrn. Tell me. What is it you want to do?"

Mjrn looked down. "I don't know. Things are too complicated."

"It's not a hard question. What do you, Mjrn, want?" Tika asked again.

"I...." Her voice trailed off again.

"Your the spawn of a monster. And all monsters should be destroyed right?"

"No." Mjrn said back. "Not all monsters are evil. Some are capable of peace. Even mother should have that ability in her somewhere."

"Is that what you want? To try and make a better world?"

Mjrn looked up at Tika. She couldn't say anything, and instead just nodded.

Tika smirked. "Took you long enough to decide. Now let me provide with your chance." She said turning away from Mjrn. Tika began flapping her wings.

The dust and smoke dispersed, and the guildies cried out in awe seeing Tika's wings.

Jarod wiped away his tears and breathed in relief.

Vamp examined Tika. "I'll make sure to take care of things for you."

Tika smiled as if hearing Vamp's words.

Phoenix was high in the sky now, and above her was forming a massive black fireball.

Tika started to floated as her wings lifted her from the ground.

Mjrn reached out but Tika was already too far away. "Don't go. You could get hurt."

Tika glanced at her. "You don't trust me to know what I'm doing? Just believe in me."

Mjrn lowered her arm. "Okay."

As Mjrn said that Tika's wings radiated into bright white, and she took off into the sky. Tika readied her spear, and an aura of light surrounded her. She sped up as she flew to meet with Phoenix.

"Die!" Phoenix yelled out as she fired the black mass of fire towards the city below her.

This...is all I can do. Tika said to herself. She flapped her wings

As Tika's light clashed with Phoenix's black, the sky exploded in a rainbow of colours.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 4 Empty Slog's Report

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:38 pm

A few days ago Tika was acting weird. When the next day came, she was gone and all that was left was a note saying goodbye.

Worried about her well being I gathered a few guildies and headed out after her.

We tracked Tika to Sneaky Peak, where we found a tower. Vamp claimed the tower had been destroyed many years ago by a group of shuras. He wonders how it has been rebuilt.

We found signs of Tika's footprints in the snow. It looks like a battle happened. Then we quickly moved on.

After solving a few riddles in the tower we finally reached Tika, only to find her killing a man. Though the man turned to dust after, so it might not have been one.

As it turns out, the man had killed her Mother, so in a way it was revenge. Tika asks us to leave, then continues on. Hesitating at first, we follow after her.

We found Tika once again. This time she was restrained and chained to a post. Her captors laughed at us, as they sent a huge shura to fight with us.

We ended the battle and freed Tika. She ran over to the shura and cried. The shura was her father. Apparently he was under some sort of spell at the time, but it was too late. Though he regained himself in the end, he died shortly after.

Tika ran from us, and through a door. The door locked behind her, and we were unable to follow.

(part is illegible)

Xecos goes on ahead, and entrusts us with Tika. We have her body, but the villain who Tika has been fighting with alone this whole time has her soul. In order to save Tika we went to face the man.

(part is illegible)

Tika had black wings, then radiant ones. We banded together and fought against the villain. There was an explosion of light.

When we woke up, the tower was ruins, yet they looked many years old. And as I stand here writing this I feel my memory of the incident is fading. I assume the others have forgotten as well.

I can only say for certain at this point, is that Vamp's memory is unaffected. He should know more about this then anyone.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed) - Page 4 Empty Re: Tears for a Birthright (Fanfic - Completed)

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:57 pm

Mjrn turned the paper and handed it to Vamp.

Vamp read a few lines here and there. He sighed. "I had assumed he had lost his memory before he woke up." Vamp placed the report back onto Mjrn's desk. "First I'd like you tell you some good news. From Bad Snake himself."

Mjrn raised an eyebrow.

"Phoenix's memory of you has been completely erased. She doesn't remember a single shred of your existence as her daughter. To her, your just another shura that occasionally gets in her way."

"That is good news. Now please move on to the topic at hand." She tapped the report.

Vamp sighed again. "Ok. Tika's parents were part of a group of shuras who prided themselves on their mercenary work. That group was hired to take down a group that was performing a dark ritual to revive a fourth monster lord. The remains of the tower are in Sneaky Peak.

"At the time Tika was a few years old. Her brother Xecos wasn't much older. They were in my care when her parent's went to fight."

Vamp sat down. "I don't know all the details, but the tower exploded that night, and both groups were believed to be killed. When I checked the site, I had found Tika's mother in the snow.

"As it turns out, Tika's mother had lost all of her memories, and had a hard time relating to her kids. Then that fateful day came. In front of Tika her mother was murdered by a man who was believed dead. Xecos was killed on the same day as well. It was while he tried to get his sister out of there."

"Xecos died?"

"Yes. But for some reason, Tika was able to bring him back to life, if only a half life. She then foretold that if he entered the tower, he would die again. Though Tika didn't know what she was saying at the time."

"For awhile I became their guardian. Then when the time came, we all went our separate ways."

"You were her step father?" Mjrn asked in disbelief.

Vamp laughed. "If only for a short time, though she would never admit it."

Mjrn smiled alittle as she sat back.

"Anyway. Tika didn't tell anyone, but the man who killed her mother, told her of the events that would transpire, and if she wanted revenge for her mother's death, she'd have to come to the tower, and so she did." Vamp tapped the report. "That's generally what happened. Xecos died, like Tika predicted. Tika's existence was erased, like the man predicted."

Mjrn was quiet, wondering how Tika came back then.

"I don't know the details, but whatever Tika had felt for Slog at the time, let him enter the world where her remnant still existed. Slog convinced her that life was worth living, and brought her back. Tika fought once more against the man, and with the guildies help, she was able to awaken her dormant power. The same power the man needed for his ritual. Tika then preceded to erase everyone's memories, but she couldn't erase mine."

"The two of us rescued the others, as the tower went back to the form it was suppose to have. Then Tika passed out, and I pretended to as well. Then we all came back."

Mjrn was silent for a few moments. "What was Tika's power?" She asked curiously.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:16 pm

"Tika's power was... well." Vamp seemed to have trouble putting it into words. "Let's see."

Mjrn smiled seeing Vamp struggle thinking for once.

"Over the course of time, a few people are born. These people's DNA have come together in a certain fashion that is extremely rare. Kinda like ginger humans."

Mjrn laughed at the analogy.

"Anyway, if I have to give a name to her powers, I would have to say she possessed the power of the ancients. Of the many powers from back then, I'd say Tika had access to at least five different powers. You saw three of them. Perfect Healing is what healed your leg and Liah's wound, as with the rest of the guildies' wounds."

"Second was her wings. Many ancients could transform in various ways. Wings is Tika's type of transformation. The third one you saw was Belief Absorb. When people within a certain range believe in her, she an convert those feelings into raw power. They turned her wings radiant white. That explosion everyone saw for miles, was half from Phoenix's attack, while the rest of the energy was from us who watched her."

"The fourth power is her ability to erase memories. She used it on Slog and the others, and on Phoenix." Vamp scratch his chin. "As for the last ability, it was the power to bring back someone who dies in her arms, like Xecos. It's only speculation, and I doubt she could use this power consciously. These are the only confirmed powers I know she had."

"You seem to know a lot about her capabilities." Mjrn said as he finished.

"You know the type of person I am. I just observe what interests me. People with ancient powers in this day and age, interest me greatly. But that's not the whole reason I watched Tika." Vamp closed his eyes briefly. "This does not leave this room. Okay?"

Mjrn nodded.

"Tika. Was one of the descendants of mine. Which makes me her ancestor."

This shocked Mjrn. "I honestly wouldn't have guessed that." Mjrn took a few seconds to think. "Wait. How old does that make you?"

Vamp smiled. "That...is a secret." He said standing up. "All this is stuff Tika didn't want people to know about her. I ask you to respect her ideals."

Mjrn nodded. "Of course."

Vamp walked towards the door. "I'm going back onto patrol. Take care."

Mjrn waved good bye.

As the door shut, Mjrn looked at the papers spread across her desk. Most involving Tika. She sighed and began organizing them.

After awhile she had them organized to a degree in which she thought Binks wouldn't mind. Mjrn was going to have them carefully saved in the warehouse. She got up and left the office.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:48 pm

The sun was in the process of setting. The skies were a golden colour. Few clouds littered the sky.

"It's been awhile." Mjrn finally said.

Mjrn, Jarod, Liah, and a few other people from the guild were also present.

"It's only been a month." Liah said trying to correct her.

"But it felt longer. For all of us." Jarod added.

The others nodded.

The grave was a simple one, just another one in the cemetery. But beside it, embedded in the grass and dirt was a large axe. It was also leaning on the gravestone. Rust could be seen finally forming. It was becoming weathered.

Beside it was another simple grave. Embedded in the dirt, and month old grass was a spear. It was leaning against the gravestone as well. It had yet to become any type of weathered.

"It's a beautiful sunset. One that happens almost everyday." Mjrn said glancing at the sunset. "Considering where we are, I'm surprised it's always this calm." Mjrn turned her head to look at the grave.

Instead of seeing the cold stone, she saw the figure of a shura with long purple hair. The girl smiled, and Mjrn blinked. The shura was gone, and Mjrn's hair blew in the wind.

The sun began to set, and the last of the day's light shone on the cemetery before disappearing with a brief flash.

Jarod and Liah touched her shoulder and wiped away tears that Mjrn didn't feel form.

"I'm sorry." Mjrn said crying.

"Don't be sorry. Everyone here misses her."

Mjrn looked back to see others crying. She looked back to the grave, and took a knee before it. "Thank you." She placed a dried Rose upon the ground in front of the grave, then stood.

Quietly. The people began to head for the gate. Once again leaving the cemetery became still and quiet once more.

In the rising moonlight, the gravestones began glowing softly. On the gravestone with the spear, read: Tika, Friend and Ally.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:53 pm

THe eND

A song to wrap it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ENeOz8Mko

I would like to thank everyone who helped me. Be it signing up for the fanfic, or giving me ideas.

I would also like to thank everyone who took time out of their day to read my writings.

I hope you all enjoyed the story.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4