Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.

5 posters

Go down

What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more. Empty What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.

Post  Mjrn Thu May 07, 2009 8:09 pm

Excuse the really corny title, I happened to have the song stuck in my head at the moment and I needed a title. This post is actually about relationships. It seems like a lot of people have a lots of comments and questions about realtionships so I decided to start a general talk thread about those who wish to comment on this topic. Things from what defines a relationship, what types of relationships are there, and many other questions can be risen, especially what really is love for you.

What is a relationship for me?
I relationship is a bond between people whom have feeling for each other and things in common. Thus they decide in their likeness to allow it to grow by spending time together. Do you need to be in love to be in a relationship in my eyes? Heck no, I find most realtionships aren't based actually on love when you strip it to it's primitive essence.

What is love for me?
Love is the undying devotion to an individual[s]. It's not the urge to spend all of your time with an individual, becuase I am a firm believer in absence makes the heart fonder. I believe while two lovers should have things in common, they should have opposing interests to avoid smothering [which is B.A.D]. Many may thing that me and Jarod are together often, but most of the time I'm afk or looking at other sites and we're not necessarily together.

Love is sacrifice. If you truly love someone you will scarifice almost anything to bring them happiness and joy. Not allowing your lover to do something away from you becuase you'll be bored is not true love, sure you might really like the person, but love is give and take, it is a sacrifice of your own happiness at times to ensure the happiness of our partner.

Love travels all horizions and people, you can love more than one person at once and it knows no boundaried. Love is being truthful, honest, caring and giving, without these traits the love will be one sided and someone will be getting the short end of the stick. Love is sucking it up and doing things you don't want to do, your partner wants to see the new SpaceAge 5000 movie and you hate scifi movies, you go. Why? Because your partner is very interested in it, and you can sacrifice two hours of your life to provide them their enjoyment.

Love should know no guilt. If your partner is guilting you into doing things, stop and look at your relationship and question it.

Love should know no intentional pain. If your partner hits you, or verbally hurts you with intent, you should look over your relationship. I always have to remember the odd "You Moron!" might slip in fustration but if someone is truly degrading you or guilting you, get rid of them.

To love another, you must love yourself. Without loving yourself, you are placing pain on those you love and you do not fully understand what love it.

Love is a wonderful thing, pass it on with your thoughts.

Mjrn, Queen of Dragons

Mjrn
Mjrn
Queen of the Dragons
Queen of the Dragons

Back to top Go down

What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more. Empty Re: What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.

Post  Jarod Thu May 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Having never been in a relationship until much later in my life, my thoughts regarding them were.. perhaps jaded, biased.. maybe warped, so that I didn't hurt for lack of one. However, through it all, I kept close a concept of love that I have not deviated from, and I still believe in.

To me, a relationship is a commitment and a sacrifice. You're sharing your life with another, and that means giving of yourself for them. Yes, there are levels.. some relationships involve more sacrifice than others.. it depends on the people. However, it does not depend on the -person-. Understand that one person does not make a relationship. It takes two, two people who are willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the other. If one was taking more, or demanding more, or controlling more.. this isn't a relationship, this is ownership, and it's inhumane.

Love, in my eyes, is the only thing in this world which is truly magic. The power it holds, the way it cause people do things beyond understanding and reason.. I cannot fathom it or understand it, nor do I desire to. It is. It simply is.

In truth, I am still new to love. I didn't date when I was 15 or 16, I barely even had friends.. I've only ever had one girlfriend before Mjrn, and that ended very badly. Yet, every day I grow and become a better person, a better lover, a better man for the woman I love. I am able to do this because I listen to her, even when she doesn't speak, and I learn. I want nothing more than to see her smile.

I've come a long way, and done some things I never thought I'd do, and will do things I've never dreamed of doing.. I will do this because I am in love, and this magic is more precious to me than anything in this world.. more precious than my reservations, fears and doubts.
Jarod
Jarod
Banned

Back to top Go down

What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more. Empty Re: What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.

Post  Binks Thu May 07, 2009 9:02 pm

I believe a relationship is to be cherished, for it is something that is Unique to those involved. Not that I have any real right to speak on the subject.
Binks
Binks
Songwriter
Songwriter

http://dragcave.net/user/BinksTriada

Back to top Go down

Post  Mjrn Thu May 07, 2009 10:23 pm

Binks wrote:I believe a relationship is to be cherished, for it is something that is Unique to those involved. Not that I have any real right to speak on the subject.

Insight is a matter of personal view, but yours is a very good one Binks ^_^
Mjrn
Mjrn
Queen of the Dragons
Queen of the Dragons

Back to top Go down

Post  Zion Mon May 11, 2009 1:27 pm

I think of Love as both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because you'll never find anything that will give you more happiness, a curse because of it's constricting hold on you. It takes both partners to be happy for a relationship to work, but it only takes one discontent person to end one. That's probably one of my biggest grievances about dating. The way that one major problems can wreck hundreds of happy, life changing moments.

The good thing about love is the feeling that you know there will always be someone there to help you up no matter how down you're feeling, and someone that you don't have to feel like you have to fake who you are, just to get them to like you. Plus there's also a nice feeling when you feel the other person's warmth against your skin and...uh...okay, I'm getting too feminine here >_>

The bad parts are how it could be so blinding. When you're in love, you get this tendency to feel that there only needs to be two people in the universe; you, and your loved one. It's a foolish thing to think, but love, as well as your other emotions can be a pretty overwhelming thing. People end up making too many sacrifices toward their beloved, only to end up with things ending tragically. Once that happens, there's not much you have to return to if you left everyone behind, and sacrificed everything for your loved one. There's also that feeling of emptiness you get when they leave you, the feeling where nothing feels fun or right or meaningful anymore. But I won't get too detailed, I'll start to sound emo Wink

But overall, love is a great thing ;D
Zion
Zion
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Liah Tue May 12, 2009 6:21 pm

What is love?..

Love is something that cannot be measured, it cannot be truly figured out. It has no limits and it makes you do the unthinkable. Its all about making sacrifices for those you love simply because their happiness makes you happy. Love is seen as something so pure, so beautiful because believe it or not..not everyone can say they have had the opportunity to know of it. Some people see it as something bad, something they'd be better off not knowing. When in reality, you're at your best..your happiest when you are in love.

You don't necessarily have to spend every waking moment with the one you love though that's all you want to do. Seeing a person everyday all day long, you'd never have the opportunity to miss the one you love. Slowly the love becomes something routine..you get bored. I do agree with Mjrn, absence makes the heart fonder. Reuniting after an absence no matter how big or small, its a feeling like no other. Something your heart will never know if not given the opportunity. It makes your love grow, makes it stronger.

Love is blind..it isn't about looks, if you truly love someone..you'd love them even if they had a pig for a face. You see what's obvious to you, things they fail to see themselves. You love them inside and out and everything they do simply brings a smile to your face.

A relationship is a bond between two people who share common interests though don't always agree. A relationship is like love, for it to work..for it to last, both people have to want it. Because then only one would be making the effort..and neither love nor a relationship is a one sided thing.

To be in love is one of the most precious things you can experience. Something that shouldn't be taken for granted..something that should be expressed whenever you are given the opportunity. Be in love with no regrets, show no fear, and just..live in the moment with the one you love.
Liah
Liah
Smash
Smash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down