Chaotic Dragon Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wings of the Future (Fanfic)

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Wings of the Future (Fanfic) - Page 4 Empty Re: Wings of the Future (Fanfic)

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:09 am

Vamp glanced at Binks. He was smirking the entire time.

Binks eyed Vamp from the corner of his eye. Something was off about the shura, but he didn't know what it was. But he was sure that Vamp never showed many signs of happiness. Yet since they had come to this world, Vamp had been acting like he was fully enjoying himself.

"What's wrong? Not liking the events you see pass before you?" Vamp asked.

"It's not that. It's something closer that's bugging me." Binks replied, looking back at the match. For now, he wasn't going to let Vamp out his sight.

The announcer declared the victor a few moments later.

"That was a nice match." Vamp said as he turned to leave.

Binks followed after him.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:12 am

"Mjrn. There's someone at the door for you." Xiaoming called out to her.

Mjrn had returned to the room an hour earlier. Everyone was discussing the various matches that had been watched. She looked up. "Alright." Standing up she went to the door and passed Xiaoming.

Stepping into the hall, she found a familiar face. "Tika." Mjrn noted to herself.

Tika's head was down and she was looking at her feet. She looked uneasy.

"Well. What do you want?"

"I....Can you... eh..." Tika couldn't seem to find the words.

Mjrn sighed and walked passed the girl. "I'm going to get some fresh air."

Tika waited a few moments before following after her.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:22 am

Mjrn was leaning on the railing, and glancing out at the city. The view seemed alien to her. She had never seen technology, yet a whole city was built of it. Even though she heard the whole planet was the same, she couldn't picture it.

Tika was standing behind her, still struggling with words.

Mjrn sighed and faced Tika. "Spit it out already, your pissing me off." She yelled.

"I'm sorry." Tika said, and bowed. A few tears were dripping from her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Mjrn asked with a gentler note.

"Five years ago, I lost my teacher, when she gave her life to protect me." Tika looked at Mjrn. "It's just....you have her face."

Mjrn hesitated. "So you did know a person who looked like me."

"What do you mean?" Tika asked.

Mjrn took a step forward and put her hand on the girl's shoulder. "A year ago, I lost a very important friend. You look exactly like her. You even have the same name. Tika Keiga." Mjrn turned back around and leaned on the railing. The breeze flowing through her hair.

Tika approached the railing and sat down and slid her legs passed the bars to let them hang from the balcony. She watched the horizon. "My teacher was a strong person. Though her name was different then yours. She was a half-breed. Half human, and half Esper."

Feeling melancholic, Mjrn listened to the girl's story.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:11 pm

"On my world there are three main forces. Espers, Enforcers and Castaways. I guess there's a fourth if you include the civilian mass."

"Enforcers are basically the police. They protect the populace, and hunt down criminals. Working directly for the government."

"Castaways are a collection of people who oppose the government. They hate the idea of Espers and hunt them down."

"Espers are beings created using science. Made with supernatural powers. Ordered by civilians." Tika laughed bitterly. "We're pets. A customer places an order, and an Esper is created for them. Using the various specifications that the customer wanted. They even take away our ability to reproduce. Yet a few retain this ability."

"My teacher was the daughter of a human and Esper. She was orphaned when the Castaways hunted down her parents. She grew up in back-alleys and used her powers to survive."

"When I met her, she was an adult, and the most powerful Esper I had ever met."

"I was ordered by a guy who was in his late teens. At the time, I was programmed as a pet still, and did everything he asked me to. But the funny thing is, that he never once took advantage of that. He kept trying to make act of my own accord, to have, what I guess you would call a soul." Tika gazed out at the sun as it began setting, the sky turning golden.

"It's been five years since I've seen him, and I've been working my way to get back to him. Though, I have no idea if my return will make the situation easier." Tika was omitting an important piece of her story.

"Anyway, during the time I got separated from him, I met her. She took care of me, and helped me recover. My teacher was being hunted by Castaways, and yet she took time out to save me. Which may be why she lost her life."
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Wings of the Future (Fanfic) - Page 4 Empty Fragments of a Girl's Memory

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:24 pm

The rain was pouring hard. Splashing against the wet concrete.

The girl lay in the gutter, with empty eyes.

"Gonna lay there all night? Your gonna catch a cold." A woman said looking down at her.

-------------------

It was a makeshift shack. Built from various pieces of garbage and rubble. But sturdy enough to stand against the heavy rain.

The girl's clothes hung on a clothes line, above a fire, burning off the wood of broken desks.

-------------------

It was an abandoned school. Run down, with garbage littering the campus.

A small target had been erected. Burning with blue flames, and slowly turned red.

"So your a fire Esper." The woman confirmed, examining the target. "But what's a pet doing out in the slums?"

The girl didn't answer, and looked down.

"Well. You don't have to say if you don't want to. But I can't take care of you forever. I'll teach you some moves, but I want you gone by the end of the week."

----------------

"Half Esper?" The girl asked.

The woman smiled. "An abomination. I child born from a human and Esper. The Castaways hate my kind more then yours. And the Enforcers, don't care about people who don't pay taxes."

"But your all alone." The girl commented.

"At least I'm free. That's enough for me." The woman replied with a smile.

----------------

"Hand over the girl, and we'll leave you alone." The man yelled, behind him was a large group.

The woman stood confidently. "I don't know how you found this place, or why you want this girl, but I know well enough, that your kind is after me." She took stance. "She's not going anywhere unless she wants to."

----------------

The woman's hand reached up and touched the girl's face. She was laying on the ground. "Heh. I was careless." Blood pooled around the ground under her.

The girl didn't know what to do, but was shedding tears.

The tears dripped down onto the woman's face. "So. You do have a heart." She smiled. "I think it's time for you to return to where you belong." Her hand fell from the girl's face, and the woman went limp.

The girl stood up, and touched her face. She held out her hand and examined the wet room her tears. Something inside of her was stirring. She looked back at the man who stood watching from the other side of the court.

"Seems your protector has been put to rest. Your next." He was wielding a scythe.

Flames began circling the girl as she eyed the man.

----------------

"Go on. Kill me! Your a monster anyway!" The man yelled. He was pinned under rubble from the collapsed school roof.

The girl's flames disappeared, as she walked towards him.

The man closed his eyes.

But instead of attacking him, the girl began working on moving the rubble, to free him.

"What are you doing?"

"I may be a monster. But I'm not like you." The girl laughed bitterly. "I didn't choose to exist you know. Espers are just pets to those who have to money to order them. Have you ever given thought to that?"

The man remained quiet, as the girl worked on freeing him.

"Three weeks ago, I wouldn't have resisted you trying to kill me. But since all this started, I've gained something I wasn't suppose to." The girl was breathing heavily as she worked. "All I know, is that I want to continue living. Even if I was suppose to never exist."

---------------

"Rentan city? You came from there?" The man said aloud in surprise. "That whole place was destroying during the bombing run from the Black Cloaks."

"I have to know the truth. Why my master ordered me." The girl turned her back on the man.

"What if all you find is his grave?" He asked her.

She turned and gave him a smile. "I dunno." She laughed. Turning, the girl walked away.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:52 pm

"Your world sounds bleak." Mjrn said.

"Every world has it's good points. There's a lot more to the world then I've seen." Tika replied.

"Well. I'm not gonna ask you about the rest of your story. But I'm not your teacher. I can't be her. Just like you can't be the Tika I knew."

"I know that, but hearing her voice is good enough for me." Tika said not looking at Mjrn.

"Well. Let me tell you a story. Of a girl who fought the past." Mjrn began.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:59 pm

Mjrn came through the door back into the room. It was late into the night now. Sh examined the group and found most of them were asleep. Then she noticed Liah was back. "Where have you been?" She asked, sitting next to Liah at the table.

Liah didn't look back at Mjrn. "I almost killed my opponent today."

Mjrn leaned back. "That doesn't seem like you."

Liah sighed. "The person I fought, just wanted to end the match. She didn't hold back at all. It seemed like she didn't care if she won or not as well. Things happened and I ended up breaking her ribs."

"Well she's okay isn't she?"

"Yea, but..."

"All that matters is that she's still alive." Mjrn patted Liah's shoulder.

Liah felt relieved to have Mjrn by her side.

Mjrn stood up. "Get some rest. The real tournament starts soon now that the preliminaries are over." With that Mjrn headed to bed.

Liah watched as Mjrn went to bed. "You seem to be feeling better." She noted to herself.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:00 pm

"So Kahiko's in recovery?" Gamina asked.

Nashiko nodded. She had been the one to visit the giant.

"So besides the unknown side tournament Gam is a part of, Tamiku is the only one left." Sarice glanced at Tamiku. "What do you intend to do if you win?"

"I'll do what I was ordered." She replied.

"You really will let us be overrun by the fomors?" Gamina spoke angrily.

Tamiku didn't look Gamina in the eyes. "As if you could understand."

"You still human aren't you? Isn't there some part of you that will protect the innocent?"

"Are you talking about Tir Na Nog? Because you of all people learned the truth when you stopped Macha's revival."

"Tch."

"We aren't grateful for what we have, yet we keep seeking more."

"The fomors aren't that different, Tam." Sarice interrupted. "But unlike the fomors, we don't slaughter our enemy's people."

"Just try to stop me." Tamiku stood up and walked out the door.

Tabita watched as the girl disappeared.

"That girl, just what is her problem." Gamina said in frustration.

"Well leave her be. From what me and Tabita saw of other opponents, the chance of winning this tournament is extremely slim. Ever if we could transform full time, there are beings in this tournament with abilities we could never match." Sarice explained. "Dante, Requiem, Mjrn, Yuki. All are stronger then anything I've ever seen."

"Well Requiem is out already, though there could be more like him." Gamina said thinking.

The four of them reviewed the information they had.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Tamiku glanced at the stars, and sighed.

"Having doubts?" A voice asked.

Without looking, Tamiku knew who it was. "Possibly. I doubt I'll make it passed the next round though."

Requiem laughed. "Sounds like your doubting yourself."

"I'm just being realistic. The only reason I beat you, is because you forfeited. The only reason I beat Kimiko, was because I caught her off guard with a dirty trick. Even if I transform, there will be someone I can't beat."

Requiem appeared in front of her. "Your right. Optimism doesn't suit you."

"I don't want interference from you. If I lose, I lose."

"Don't worry. I may be in love with you, but I'd never interfere in the business of someone else. It's one of the reasons I haven't destroy all of existence."

"Maybe. Or you could be afraid to be alone."

Requiem laughed. "Even if that was true, I'd never admit it." With that he vanished.

Tamiku was feeling better now, but she still suspected her next battle would be the last of her participation in the tournament.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Two days later, after giving the tournament participants a rest, the next line up was decided.

Match 3 Liah VS Jesse Benls / Concrete Jungle

Match 6 Mjrn Silverfox VS Sahara Rosenberg / Badlands

Match 12 Tamiku VS Yukio Nagato / School House

Of the 31 matches held in the second preliminaries, there were 15 matches this round, giving one person a free pass to the next round.

The stage setup was like the previous round, and had different themes.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:05 pm

"So why are we here again?" The girl asked.

"Yukio was forced to enter the tournament, because we can as a group." Another girl replied.

https://2img.net/h/i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/eighttailedfox/Tales%20of%20Core/kyonko-and-itsuko-manage.jpg

"This has bound to be Haruki's fault right?"

"I've been thinking about that, and I think he actually had nothing to do with this."

"Strange things happening without Haruki's involvement? Unlikely." The girl sighed.

The second girl came up behind her, and fondled her. "Oh Kyonko, your so cute when your frustrated."

"Ah." Kyonko blushed for a second before regaining herself. "Get off me Itsuko. This is not the time and place for this."

"But that's what you say all the time."

"Because there's never a time for it."

Itsuko sighed and released her friend. She then looked to the matches board. "Seems Yukio will be at Stage 12. We should get over there before the match begins."

"What kind of twisted world is this anyway? Taking people from other worlds, and forcing them to fight."

"So you admit there's other worlds?" Itsuko asked.

Kyonko's hand hit her forehead. "I instantly regret speaking. I just want to get back and consider that this was all a bad dream."

Itsuko laughed and grabbed her hand. "We should hurry, we don't want to be late." She pulled Kyonko, and led her away.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:20 pm

"It said Concrete Jungle. Yet it's just a back-alley of a city." Jesse complained to herself.

https://2img.net/h/i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/eighttailedfox/Tales%20of%20Core/ToAruKagakunoRailgun-08-Large18.jpg

She began doing some stretches to prepare for the match. Examining her opponent while she did so.

Liah sighed. It had been a week since they had come here, and she was already tired of the world. She just wanted to go home. Suddenly it clicked to her. Liah understood that what she was feeling was similar to what Kahiko had been feeling. She just wanted to get it over with, even if she lost. Basically, she was homesick.

Both of them glanced at the clock at the same time. There was still a few minutes before the match.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Mjrn examined her opponent. "She just a kid." She whispered to herself.

https://2img.net/h/i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/eighttailedfox/Tales%20of%20Core/Spartan3-2.jpg

Sahara was doing jumping-jacks, followed by stretches, then push-ups.

"Seems like she has a lot of energy."

Sahara jumped to her feet and walked over to Mjrn. "Hello. I'm Sahara." She held out her hand.

Mjrn smiled and shook. "I'm Mjrn, but I assume we already knew each others names."

"True, but saying in person is better then reading it off a board." Sahara replied with a smile.

"I guess." Mjrn hadn't really given it thought.

Sahara tightened her grip on Mjrn's hand. "I won't be holding back." She let go of Mjrn's hand and walked back to her position.

Mjrn looked at her hand. "She has a pretty strong grip."
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Tamiku stood there and watched her opponent. "Is he even legitimate?" she asked herself.

https://2img.net/h/i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/eighttailedfox/Tales%20of%20Core/bba18701849eebcabc243fce8c7ce5f6-1.jpg

Yukio was standing at his position and was reading a book.

For some reason, it was pissing her off. "Either he's underestimating me, or he's not taking the situation seriously."

"Actually." Yukio replied taking off his glasses. "I just wanted to read a bit before the match. Don't worry. When the match begins you will have my full attention." He put his glasses back on and returned to reading.

"Whatever." Tamiku replied, glancing at the clock.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:36 pm

As the buzzer rang, Jesse touched the ground with one hand.

Liah was in stance and weary of her moves.

"Gotcha." Jesse smiled.

Liah tried to jump back, and realized she couldn't move. Looking down, she saw her shoes were sunk into the concrete. She leaned down and undid her ties, and jumped out of her shoes.

"Your a quick thinker. But can you really feet without touching the ground?" Jesse commented.

As Liah touched the ground again, she felt the concrete trying to grab her feet. So she quickly jumped again.

"No matter where you run, I will catch you."

Liah jumped towards a wall, and quickly pushed off, and aimed herself at Jesse.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Mjrn eyes went wide in surprise as Sahara appeared in front of her.

"Too slow." Sahara said as she hit both her palms into Mjrn's stomach and twisted her hands.

Mjrn spiraled backwards, and quickly regained herself. She landed on the ground and slid back several meters.

Sahara stomped on one end of a broken tree, sending it into the air. She took hold of the end, and rushed towards Mjrn.

https://2img.net/h/i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/eighttailedfox/Tales%20of%20Core/Spartan4-1.jpg

She yelled as she swung the massive tree at Mjrn.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Tamiku waited for a few moments after the buzzer rang. She watched Yukio.

Yukio read a few more pages before closing his book. "Thank you for waiting."

She rolled her eyes.

Yukio took off his glasses and slid them into his pocket. "When you are ready."

Tamiku readied her daggers and ran forward. As she got close to him, she tried to use Smash.

Yukio held out one hand, and Tamiku's attack met with a barrier. Energy shock-waving out.

Tamiku slid back, and pushed forward again. This time she she tried to kick his head.

Yukio caught her ankle.

Tamiku twisted her leg and kicked with the other foot.

Yukio blocked it with his forearm.

Using the rest of her momentum, Tamiku attacked with her dagger.

Tamiku's hand went through Yukio's hand, and stopped.

Tamiku pulled back and jumped away from him. Getting to what she thought was a safe distance, she looked back at him.

A few drops of blood fell from his hand, then the blood stopped.

Yukio showed his hand to Tamiku, and the wound was gone.

So I will lose here. Tamiku smiled, At least I can give it my all.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:00 am

Suddenly the concrete floated upwards and formed a wall between Liah and Jesse.

"You think it would be that easy? As long as I'm connected to the ground, my defense is perfect.... dammit." Jesse swore as she realized she just gave away her weakness.

Liah smirked, as she continued forward. "Liah Smash!" Liah poured all her strength into hitting Jesse's wall.

Energy exploded out as Liah impacted. Cracks formed in the wall.

"What?" Jesse said in surprise, and tried putting more power into her defense.

But it was too late. Liah smashed through her defense. Landing before her Liah grabbed Jesse's collar and threw her into the the air. Liah took stance.

Jesse couldn't do anything, as gravity pulled her back down.

"Hiiya!" Liah yelled as she punched upwards to meet with Jesse.

A circular pattern on the front and back of Jesse's shirt ripped open. Jesse coughed as she lost consciousness. She fell to the ground.

Taking a breath Liah smiled.

"Winner. Liah!" The announcer yelled as usual.

"He's starting to get on my nerves." Liah commented to herself as she checked Jesse's condition.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:11 am

Mjrn quickly brought up her Nine Rings, and braced for impact.

As the tree hit Mjrn, she started getting pushed by the tree, in a circular motion around Sahara.

Mjrn pressed against the ground, and dug her heels into it.

Slowly coming to a stop, Sahara reacted quickly. She pulled back on the tree, and pointed it towards the sky. Then brought it down like a hammer onto Mjrn.

Mjrn held Nine Rings above herself and guarded against the attack.

Energy shock-waved out as the tree hit Mjrn's defense. The ground cracked massively under Mjrn's feet.

As the attack cooldown, Sahara was breathing heavily. "You....are....a... tough one." She let go of the tree.

It rolled to the side and slammed against the ground.

Mjrn lowered Nine Rings back to her side. "I have to be." She smiled at Sahara. Mjrn was tired, but she kept it hidden.

Sahara began rubbing her shoulders. Her breathing had calmed down quickly, and it seemed she had recovered the lost energy already. "It's been awhile since I've swung a tree. It really takes a toll on my muscles."

"Just, what kind of world did you come from?" Mjrn asked, trying to buy some time for herself to recover.

"My world?" Sahara thought. "It's an okay place. Though not many people live there. Many monsters and creatures often attack our village, so we became stronger to protect it."

"You got that strong from determination?"

"I don't really get how it works." She cracked her knuckles. "I'm more brawn then brain anyway." Sahara smiled like she was itching to resume the fight.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:22 am

Tamiku unleashed a fury of attacks. Trying to get a hit on her opponent.

Yukio swiftly kept dodging without looking like he was doing anything.

"Stay still would you." Tamiku yelled as she attacked a last time.

As if obeying her Yukio stopped, and caught Tamiku's blade between his fingers.

This ticked off Tamiku, even though it was what she wanted. "Stop defending and defeat me already."

Yukio looked at her with a mix of blankness and curiosity. "You don't want to win?"

"Oh I do want to win, but I can clearly see your stronger then me. So even if I won, I wouldn't accept it." Tamiku explained.

"I don't understand that logic, but you simply want me to finish the match?" Yukio asked.

"Go ahead." Tamiku replied as she attacked with her free hand.

Yukio suddenly shifted and grabbed both of Tamiku's wrists, he twisted them and her daggers flew away. Without hurting her, he got behind her and resitrained her arms behind her back.

Tamiku struggled for a second, before realizing he had completely took away her ability to move. She smirked. "So you were holding back." She eyed him from the corner of her eye. "And probably still doing so."

Yukio released his grip of her.

Tamiku held up her hand. "I concede."

"Winner. Yukio Nagato."

Tamiku picked up her daggers and sheathed them. She glanced at Yukio. "See ya around." She turned and walked away.

Yukio watched her as she walked away. "Unique people have entered the tournament."
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:19 pm

"Yukio won. Aren't you happy?" Itsuko asked looking at Kyonko.

Kyonko sighed. "Well it was an obvious turn of events."

"Now your just being a spoilsport." Itsuko replied.

"Let's go meet up with him." Kyonko got up from her seat and headed back.

"Such a cynical girl." Itsuko smiled to herself as she followed after her.

-----------------

Liah sighed in relief. She found Jesse was completely ok. Standing up, she headed back.

-----------------

"Seems all ties are starting to close." Vamp noted as another match finished.

"What do you mean?"

"Over half the tournament is over. Soon everyone can go home. Do you want to go home?" Vamp asked Binks.

"Of course. This kind of world isn't my foray."

"Ah well. It's all a matter of perspective." Vamp replied. He turned and walked away.

"Perspective...Just what can't I see?" Binks asked himself as he went after Vamp.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Sahara picked up the tree once more.

Mjrn quickly jumped back and put some distance between them.

Shara smirked and readied the tree. Throwing her strength into it, she threw it like a javelin at Mjrn.

Mjrn hesistated for a split second, before taking stance. As the tree flew at her, she swung Nine Rings.

The tree split in half as it flew passed Mjrn. It was cut down the middle, length-wise.

"Gees. What are made of?" Sahara asked.

Mjrn smiled. "Complete brawn can't beat me. Since I have brawn and special powers."

"Special powers?" Sahara thought about it, then raised her hand. "I concede."

Mjrn almost tripped.

"Winner Mjrn."

"Why are surrendering?"

"I was just in the tournament to test my strength. Seems I have a lot more to learn. See ya around." Sahara winked as she left.

Mjrn sighed. All the business with different worlds, was starting to give her a headache.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:39 am

Requiem froze. He couldn't move his body.

"What's wrong? Can't think clearly?" A voice said from behind him.

Requiem couldn't focus his mind, his abilities were useless if he couldn't think.

The blade through Requiem's chest was turning in a circle. Blood was everywhere.

"I coated my blade with a drug, just for you. It disables the mind, while letting you feel everything." The person laughed.

Requiem felt an indescribable amount of pain. Blood dripping from his mouth. His clothes were soaked.

"I must say I'm impressed though. I went straight through your heart, yet you still live. That makes you a very difficult person to deal with. But your out of the way now."

"Who are you?" Requiem managed to say.

The voice laughed. "You can still talk. That's amazing." The person shifted the blade and punctured Requiem's lungs.

Requiem screamed out in pain.

"I'm someone who just beat down a being more powerful then a god. That's all you need to know." The person replied.

As Requiem began to lose consciousness, he used his remaining energy to send a message. He fell to the floor.

"Your are a troubling one. I'm sorry, but still being able to affect reality at this stage will not be acceptable." The person pierced Requiem's head with their blade. "I'm going to need you to die until this is over. Please stay dead until everything is finished."

As Requiem went into the abyss, his body instantly healed itself. But his mind was gone.

The person made a few hand signs then placed their hand on his chest. There was a flash, and Requiem's body was gone, but now a small blue crystal laid on the ground. The person picked up the crystal. "Seriously." Then slid the crystal into their pocket.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:53 am

Tika at the top of the tower. She silently watched the view. The wind brushing passed her. "Master. I'm sorry, but it looks like it's going to be a while longer before I can get to you. Even though I have been knocked out the the tournament, they won't let me leave until the finals have finished. Even then, it might be difficult depending on who wins."

The girl pictured her master's face. Though her memories of him were five years old, his appearance now could have changed greatly since the bombing.

She began reviewing the events which have been halting her progress in the past years.

Sighing, she laid back and looked at the sky.

-------------------

"Man, your a lot tougher then the last one I fought." Dante said with a smile.

The girl he faced stood with a mostly emotionless expression.

https://2img.net/h/i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/eighttailedfox/Tales%20of%20Core/bba18701849eebcabc243fce8c7ce5f6-2.jpg

"Yuki Nagato was it? I have to say, I have respect for you. You'd make one hell of a fighter."

"I'm an observer, I only interfere when required." Yuki replied. The wound in her chest finally closed up.

"Even you healing abilities are above mine. But I guess this match has gone on for too long. The sun starting to set." Dante said glanced at the reddening sky. "So for giving me such an excellent workout, I'll let you take the match." He smiled and walked off stage.

"Winner Yuki Nagato."

Yuki didn't say anything as she turned to leave.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tika_Keiga Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:59 am

"Requiem?!" Tamiku called out as she woke up. She was breathing heavily. "What was that?" While she was sleeping images of Requiem being killed had entered her mind. Then Requiem said something to her.

Requiem smiled. "I'll be okay, so don't die on me."

"So much blood. Did something happen to him?" Tamiku asked herself.

At the end of her bed a person stood watching her.

Tamiku looked up to find Tabita's eyes looking at her. "Aren't you suppose to be sleeping?"

"I was worried about you."

"I'm fine, but someone I know might not be." Tamiku said clearing her mind. "Are you busy tomorrow?"

Tabita shook her head.

"Want to come with me then?"

Tabita nodded.

"Alright. But get some sleep first."

Obeying her orders, Tabita left back to her bed.

Tamiku tried to make sense of the message.
Tika_Keiga
Tika_Keiga
Mana Dragon
Mana Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next